Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just ordered an extended brake line from Bronco Graveyard for my 95 bronco. (This set: http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Stainless-Braided-Front-Axle-Brake-Lines-1990-96/productinfo/32559/)

When I went to install it, the hard pipe goes right through where my bleed valve sits. I also can't tell where the angled L bracket with the two holes goes; my old brake lines don't have that anywhere. I haven't received a response from BG about this, and as far as I can tell I have stock brakes, and this is the correct line for my truck. Am I supposed to have to bend that pipe, or am I missing/misunderstanding something here?

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey, I just ordered an extended brake line from Bronco Graveyard for my 95 bronco. (This set: 1990-1996 Ford Bronco and F-Series Truck Stainless Braided Front Axle Brake Lines-Broncograveyard.com)

When I went to install it, the hard pipe goes right through where my bleed valve sits. I also can't tell where the angled L bracket with the two holes goes; my old brake lines don't have that anywhere. I haven't received a response from BG about this, and as far as I can tell I have stock brakes, and this is the correct line for my truck. Am I supposed to have to bend that pipe, or am I missing/misunderstanding something here?

Thanks
Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my 95 and want to make sure I order the right parts.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Pics would help as I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you referring to. In general, the front brake lines are very simple. They both attach to the coil tower with clips. The only potential area that I see as being an issue, is the drivers side line. Some of those lines have a secondary port on them that feeds the passenger side. Otherwise it should be straight forward. Of course it's possible they simply sent you the wrong set.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just to add to this I have finished installing mine. I ordered the same extended lines from Bronco Graveyard. I did bend the hard line from the caliper bolt out of the way some to access the bleed screw. It works just fine. Just bend it slow. I however have no idea what the little brackets are for either. I couldn't figure out what they go to. There was also a smaller screw/cap included as well. It would be nice to have instructions but I guess it is self explanatory.
Funny thing is I ordered the extended hose for the rear also and that did have instructions but pretty much on how to bleed the brakes after and that it should be installed by a qualified mechanic.
The only problem I had is that no matter which way I installed the hose it still contacts the side wall of the tire. This is on a 95 F150 with a 4inch lift and 33''s. So I tied it off to the coil spring to keep the main loop away from the tire.
Good luck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine are on the way... Can we get a comment from someone @ JBG about why the part they sell specifically for our trucks needs to be modified to fit our trucks? Has anyone contacted them about this? And are these the same ones that have been on backorder for a few weeks?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Finally got my JBG extended steel braided front brake lines on yesterday but not without a fight. I knew that some folks were having to bend the tube out of the way of the bleeder screw, which I did have to do, on both sides... but I didn't realize I was also going to have to file on the mounting block part too. The lip that rests over the edge of the caliper was too thick to allow the hole to line up for the bolt to go in... also on BOTH sides. I really had to file away a good bit of material from the lip of the block, and even filed the caliper down some too to make it fit flush. After MANY test fits, I eventually got rid of enough material for it to fit over the edge without binding up when you tightened the bolt down. They really weren't even close to fitting the way they came. I should know by now not to expect parts made for this truck to actually FIT this truck...

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is surprising. I did not have to file anything away from the blocks on mine. I did however have to install new calipers since my bleeder screws were stuck shut and not coming loose without stripping it off.
Did yours come with the brackets that no one knows what they are for?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep. I'm sure I'll use 'em for something!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts