Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody buy rough country extended brake lines and hold them up to your stock ones and notice they are the same legnth??

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anybody buy rough country extended brake lines and hold them up to your stock ones and notice they are the same legnth??
Most of the extended brake lines are within an inch or two of stock.....typically not a necessary part unless doing extreme offroad stuff.

I did a 6" superift and didn't do the "extended" brake lines. There is not any stretch whatsoever when the axles are fully extended.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the extended brake lines are within an inch or two of stock.....typically not a necessary part unless doing extreme offroad stuff.

I did a 6" superift and didn't do the "extended" brake lines. There is not any stretch whatsoever when the axles are fully extended.
The reason I got them is because I ripped off the rear axle breather line when wheelin, when I went to fix that I jacked the truck up and hung the rear axle and the axle was pretty much hanging on the rear brake line.. It was as tight as a guitar string...
The rear brake line I got is perfect, its 4" longer.. Its those two fronts that are exactly the "SAME" length as stock of 22" that has me baffled..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess I didn't measure to be exact but I thought my front extended lines were 2" longer than stock.

I do know that when I have my truck at full stretch the lines are tight but not to bad. I remember when I was lifting the truck and had stock lines still around, the front wouldn't even reach to hook up when at full stretch. I have a 6" lift.

I did have to modify my rear line though. The block that hooks to the axle was twice as thick as stock so the stock breather nut wouldn't thread. RC said they never had such a issue with other kits they've sold.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RC said they never had such a issue with other kits they've sold.
Funny they said the same thing to me..
He actually told me they have sold 199 front extended brake line kits (F150/Bronco) since January and have not had any concerns about their length..

Either these were made to the exact stock specs by accident, or nobody is looking at them once they pull the stocker off just to see what the diffrence was like I did..

By the way, the guy on the phone told me they were suppose to be 4" longer than stock, if anything these are 1/4" shorter than my stock lines..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I doubt it would but I wonder if the year has something to do with it. I have a 88 and I believe 90 to 94 has different flanges. Did you have the issue with the rear block being to thick as well? I know my rear lines were a good 4 to 6" longer than stock; don't remember exactly but I could easily tell the difference.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt it would but I wonder if the year has something to do with it. I have a 88 and I believe 90 to 94 has different flanges. Did you have the issue with the rear block being to thick as well? I know my rear lines were a good 4 to 6" longer than stock; don't remember exactly but I could easily tell the difference.
The rear line was perfect.. The block was exactly the same and everything bolted up no problem.. It was exactly 4" longer and that seems to be about a perfect size..

·
Registered
273 Posts
The reason I got them is because I ripped off the rear axle breather line when wheelin, when I went to fix that I jacked the truck up and hung the rear axle and the axle was pretty much hanging on the rear brake line.. It was as tight as a guitar string...
The rear brake line I got is perfect, its 4" longer.. Its those two fronts that are exactly the "SAME" length as stock of 22" that has me baffled..
Ahh...I found a tuff country extended bracket for the rear....rerouted the hardline and re-used the stock line....worked out well for free dollars!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, what a complete let down... The new brake lines just showed up and they have no spiral protection whatsoever.. The set that I originally got had a slinky type steel spirol sleeve and these dont...
What a waste of money...
Now I need to decide if I will use the "already installed" left side brake line with the cool protection and install the right side without, OR remove the left side and install the new set which have nothing on both sides..

First the rear (6") lift springs for my bronco were actually only 2" of lift and to be used with 2" blocks... Would have been nice to know that when I ordered 6" lift leaf springs!

Then I order extended brake lines and recieve the same exact length lines and the package contained TWO left side lines..

Then I get the replacement set so I can get a right side line and they are diffrent..

What a pathetic mess..

Well, been burned enough and I think its time to throw in the towel and say.. I will NEVER again buy anything from Rough Country..

Anybody have any suggestions on where I should be buying a set of extended brake lines that ARE ACTUALLY LONGER than the stock ones?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts