Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a couple pictures to show you all how i extended my breather lines. it was super easy and cost around $10.

30 ft (way more than i needed) of 5/16" clear tubing from OSH
2 5/16" T unions
zipties
Fram fuel filter (5/16" nipples)

breather line coming off the rearend.

where the line parallels the wire loom/fuel line on the left frame rail

the transfer case T's into the line that runs forward from the rearend. (that picture is looking up between the tranny x-member and the skid plate)

where the front diff and rearend/transfer case line meet. the 3rd port on the T union goes to the filter under the hood.

i just zip-tied the fram fuel filter to some random vacuum line next to the master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ok that's 3, that's what I ran, but I have enough supplies to run the forth one I just can't get my hand on the one for the transmission breather. Nice post

·
Something Spiffy
940 Posts
Andy351 said:
damon, the t-case and tranny can be plumbed together because they both use ATF right? where is the breather fitting on the tranny, on top?
yours is C6 right? pull the access cover inside the car for saving yourself a headache, on the C6 its on the top faceing torwards the pass. side.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
The cheap and easy way!

How about just use an upside down trap like in plumbing to trap air? That's what I did. I went up to the body and then let it dangle down about 5". Quick, easy, and cheap!

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Nice write up, Andy....Like Damager mentioned I too was worried to see those exposed wires....

I also think you need to keep your Diff's breathers together and your Tranny and T-Case also together....

Watt I did was use 4 different hoses and 4 different fuel filters....But thats just me :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
432 Posts
Andy351 said:
yeah, who needs a fuel pump

Sure wish I had one :cry

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
allcruisen said:
Watt I did was use 4 different hoses and 4 different fuel filters....But thats just me :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa
That's what I did, I made a rail to attach them to next to my K&N FIPK, since the filters I used were threaded to go into a carburator "I think" I just used a piece of angle, and some nuts. Now all I have to do is plumb the trans, I have yet to be able to get my hand up in there to find it, can't say I have tried real hard, but now I have limited access to a lift I will try

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.