Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a couple pictures to show you all how i extended my breather lines. it was super easy and cost around $10.

30 ft (way more than i needed) of 5/16" clear tubing from OSH
2 5/16" T unions
zipties
Fram fuel filter (5/16" nipples)

breather line coming off the rearend.

where the line parallels the wire loom/fuel line on the left frame rail

the transfer case T's into the line that runs forward from the rearend. (that picture is looking up between the tranny x-member and the skid plate)

where the front diff and rearend/transfer case line meet. the 3rd port on the T union goes to the filter under the hood.

i just zip-tied the fram fuel filter to some random vacuum line next to the master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts

not too hip on those wires rubbin against that shock boot Bro :shrug .. might wanna zip tie that away from your shock

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, who needs a fuel pump :brownbag

nice catch damager, i'll have to take care of that.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ok that's 3, that's what I ran, but I have enough supplies to run the forth one I just can't get my hand on the one for the transmission breather. Nice post

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Andy, keep an eye on the fluids intermixing. i never thought it would be possible either, but when I got worried about it and plumbed the diffs seperate from the tranny/tcase, i found both fluids in the tubes, and as you know thats baaaaaad. (sorry, the sheep got to me :brownbag )

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damon, the t-case and tranny can be plumbed together because they both use ATF right? where is the breather fitting on the tranny, on top?

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
The cheap and easy way!

How about just use an upside down trap like in plumbing to trap air? That's what I did. I went up to the body and then let it dangle down about 5". Quick, easy, and cheap!

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Nice write up, Andy....Like Damager mentioned I too was worried to see those exposed wires....

I also think you need to keep your Diff's breathers together and your Tranny and T-Case also together....

Watt I did was use 4 different hoses and 4 different fuel filters....But thats just me :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
432 Posts
Andy351 said:
yeah, who needs a fuel pump

Sure wish I had one :cry

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
allcruisen said:
Watt I did was use 4 different hoses and 4 different fuel filters....But thats just me :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa
That's what I did, I made a rail to attach them to next to my K&N FIPK, since the filters I used were threaded to go into a carburator "I think" I just used a piece of angle, and some nuts. Now all I have to do is plumb the trans, I have yet to be able to get my hand up in there to find it, can't say I have tried real hard, but now I have limited access to a lift I will try

1 - 20 of 57 Posts