Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running extended arms on their 79's? What did you do for mounts? Pics would help.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
no comments allow from BMC. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Suprised there not wrapped in wool for added protection.

who invited you? :goodfinge

This thread is gettin hijacked before the poor fella that started it can even read the first reply. :toothless

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I got others if you want them. or have questions.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seeing as the OE mounts are part of the crossmember, I guess my options are cut them down, or make a new one.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Seeing as the OE mounts are part of the crossmember, I guess my options are cut them down, or make a new one.
Yep, the Duff kit comes with a bracket go in place of the original so you don't have to cut them down, but I had already cut mine when I was rrunning my custom arms.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,676 Posts
The plate idea is good.
But other than that, no more pics of JD/Cage arms please, those are bent arms, and he's talking about extending stock (straight) arms

No problem with c-bushing bind? I figured that with the longer arms your mounts would need to be inboarded like they do on the later model trucks.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The plate idea is good.
But other than that, no more pics of JD/Cage arms please, those are bent arms, and he's talking about extending stock (straight) arms

No problem with c-bushing bind? I figured that with the longer arms your mounts would need to be inboarded like they do on the later model trucks.
I had no problem with my old brackets directly under the frame and the arms were 12" over stock. Wheeled the pee out of it for over a year like that.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
still has the same set of bushings when I did the 60 install over 3 years ago. no problems so far. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts