Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting extended radius arms for my 87 bronco but am not sure what to get. I want them for tire clearance at lock and it looks cooler. I found this pair on eBay and am wondering what yall who have used extended radius arms before think about them. eBay Radius Arms. Or for a similar price, I could get these ones from JBG(JBG Kit) that comes with new pivot brackets just in case the ones I have now might not have enough length in them for the 4" coils I put upfront. I am going to wait and see if I do need the drop brackets. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,064 Posts
I found this pair on eBay and am wondering what yall who have used extended radius arms before think about them. eBay Radius Arms.
I inquired with the seller about them and never got a response. No idea whether or not they're a quality piece, but it's hard enough to get good support post-sale. If they won't even respond pre-sale, that's a firm pass for me.

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I also contacted them today asking about replacement bushings. They kinda look like they are made by tuff-country and when I go to who supposedly makes them: protune suspension they barley have anything ford on their website. I will just go with name brand superlift ones as I've got a feeling I am gonna need to replace the pivot brackets.

Reactions: Zus

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
So If you look at how a TTB works, you do not want those in the ebay link. Unless your willing to put a heim joint or the like on them to make them correct.
The reason is the radius arm not only move in and up and down direction, but also in an arc (if looking from front of truck). Those arms, by design, will force the bushing to flex to follow the ttb arm in that arc. Will likely not ride very well and also wear out the bushings very fast as its forcing them to flex all the time.
They may however be ok on a street only rig, as I suspect they would act somewhat like a swaybar.

·
Registered
849 Posts
So If you look at how a TTB works, you do not want those in the ebay link. Unless your willing to put a heim joint or the like on them to make them correct.
The reason is the radius arm not only move in and up and down direction, but also in an arc (if looking from front of truck). Those arms, by design, will force the bushing to flex to follow the ttb arm in that arc. Will likely not ride very well and also wear out the bushings very fast as its forcing them to flex all the time.
They may however be ok on a street only rig, as I suspect they would act somewhat like a swaybar.
Oh wow, thanks for posting that because I put those into my cart a couple weeks ago to buy!
I'm on the lookout for extended radius arms also. For a four-inch lift.
Don't need anything crazy though because offroading will be very casual/part-time for me.

What are your thoughts about the Bronco Graveyard arms that GriffinB posted?

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Registered
849 Posts
ProComp arms get a little more expensive.

Anyone in Canada needs to buy them though.
This company has 25 years of good reviews and is selling the ProComp for half price right now at just $228:

I tried to buy but they don't ship to USA. :(

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
I think those are fine. I have a ProComp lift on my 92 with procomp extended arms. They have been good to me.
For my money today, if I was going to get a drop bracket style lift, I would likely get the BDS kit with extended arms. I like that they come with new radius arm mounts, which put the bushing at a better angle for travel.
Unless you want to spend the coin on something like Threat, Desolate, Solo, Giant, Etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe the JBG arms are Superlift. My local shop was able to order pieces from the Superlift 4” kit for me. It saved the shipping cost for me and allowed me to pick and choose parts.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I called BDS and the guy was kind of a dolt.
He got Bronco confused with Bronco II. Blamed his lack of knowledge on low-demand.
Had trouble finding a part# but finally found part# 013003 for radius arms for 80-96 Bronco.
$845.49
Says it's out of stock and he has no idea when it'll be back in stock.
He said that our Bronco is a low priority for them.
Suggested it could take 16 weeks to get it.

I didn't feel like spending $845 anyhow.

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also thought of that, seeing as how the current one moves in a circular pattern. I’m just gonna go with the super lift ones from JBG.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
45 Posts
I just put a set of solo motorsports radius arms on my bronco and couldn't be happier. The are a little more expensive but the construction is top notch and these guys have been racing these broncos for 20+ years. If you catch them on sale they are in the 700 dollar range with the heims and fabricated mounts. I'm also going for a more prerunner style with my bronco so I wanted something that I would never have to replace again. I just bought their basic arms and plated them myself.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
226 Posts
If you're anywhere close to the Florida panhandle I've got a complete front kit with ProComp extended arms. I took it off when I did a solid axle swap. $400 for everything; arms, 6" coils, axle drop brackets, arm brackets, stainless brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks, sway bar w/ drops. All of it had less than 1k back and forth to work miles.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where are you located in Florida

·
Registered
849 Posts
Everyone on this board should all consider adding your location to your signature (see mine) :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you're anywhere close to the Florida panhandle I've got a complete front kit with ProComp extended arms. I took it off when I did a solid axle swap. $400 for everything; arms, 6" coils, axle drop brackets, arm brackets, stainless brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks, sway bar w/ drops. All of it had less than 1k back and forth to work miles.
sent you a PM

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everyone on this board should all consider adding your location to your signature (see mine) :)
How do you do a signature. I know how to do the thing at the top below my name but I’m not sure how to do it at the bottom of a post.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
How do you do a signature. I know how to do the thing at the top below my name but I’m not sure how to do it at the bottom of a post.
The three dots next to your avatar (at the top right of the page) will take you to the page to do all that

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone know if the super lift ones clear 33” or 35” tires

1 - 20 of 57 Posts