Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
In the end I went with the superlift and installed them Monday. It was a pretty big pain but doable. They also look very cool, did not clear my passenger front tire though. I am guessing I have to adjust the stop bolt, it said something about it I’m the instructions. They seem to be high quality and have nice welds. Pivot drop brackets are the same quality. And if you get these from JBG then it’s hard to beat in my opinion.
pics or you drive a jeep

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Here you are

Reactions: CZ Eddie

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks, that looks great. And the angle is not at all weird like I thought it might be with stock radial arm brackets.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
In the end I went with the superlift and installed them Monday. It was a pretty big pain but doable. They also look very cool, did not clear my passenger front tire though. I am guessing I have to adjust the stop bolt, it said something about it I’m the instructions. They seem to be high quality and have nice welds. Pivot drop brackets are the same quality. And if you get these from JBG then it’s hard to beat in my opinion.
Not to hijack Eddie's thread, but any tips or tricks on the RA install? I have the same arms as part of the 6" lift I ordered recently. I've already removed the existing RA bracket rivets and replaced with bolts in preparation of the lift. I'll likely order a Rotabroach kit for cutting new frame holes. I watched a video where it was recommended to loosen the RA beam bolts before taking the RA out of the bracket, which makes sense to me. Anything else you learned and are willing to share?

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
887 Posts
What bumper is that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Not to hijack Eddie's thread, but any tips or tricks on the RA install? I have the same arms as part of the 6" lift I ordered recently. I've already removed the existing RA bracket rivets and replaced with bolts in preparation of the lift. I'll likely order a Rotabroach kit for cutting new frame holes. I watched a video where it was recommended to loosen the RA beam bolts before taking the RA out of the bracket, which makes sense to me. Anything else you learned and are willing to share?
The only way I was able to get the radius arm close enough to the frame was to take the beams completely out of the drop brackets. You then force the beams back in the drop brackets after you get the radius arms bolted up, but not the big 1 1/8th but tight just on.

Reactions: packagerjr

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Registered
851 Posts
Are one drop axle pivot brackets as good as the next as long as it's 1/4" steel?
I'm seeing them on eBay for as cheap as $120 for a 4" drop.
But not all of them seem to have this little "L bracket" on them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Are one drop axle pivot brackets as good as the next as long as it's 1/4" steel?
I'm seeing them on eBay for as cheap as $120 for a 4" drop.
But not all of them seem to have this little "L bracket" on them.
View attachment 180288
I would strongly recommend not getting those unless they are tuff country. The only reason I'm saying tough country is cause I know they will fit as I used to have mine on there. But my friend got some cheapo ones off eBay and the bolt holes didn't line up. I have the superlift brackets and they do have that tab.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks!

Bronco Graveyard got some parts back in stock.
And BDS f'd me.
I really wanted the BDS radius arms because they come with radius arm drop brackets to bring the whole deal into better alignment (and beef up that area).

Is it a dumb idea to buy radius arm drop brackets to use with the Superlift extended radius arms?
I hope not, cuz I just ordered them.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Superlift extended RAs use stock RA brackets relocated 18” back on the frame according to the instructions.

·
Registered
210 Posts
One of the benefits to extended radius arms is that they correct for the missing caster after lifting the vehicle.
If you also add the RA drop brackets you might have WAY too much caster.
Also, there is the benefit of not losing additional ground clearance that RA drop brackets compromise.
Increased articulation and a smoother ride is another benefit to extended arms

most extended arms use the factory RA brackets, just mounted farther back on the frame.
Original 1990's Rancho arms were about 14.5" back
My recent Superlift arms were about 18" back (I can't remember the exact amount right now)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks, yeah I know it uses stock radius brackets.
But by lowering them another couple inches via the drop brackets, isn't that "even better"?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,143 Posts
Thanks, yeah I know it uses stock radius brackets.
But by lowering them another couple inches via the drop brackets, isn't that "even better"?
Not necessarily. They are designed to have a certain angle when installed. Youll have funky castor if installed with drop brackets

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks, JBG replied to my request to cancel that bracket and said they were just about to notifiy me that it wasn't needed.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
46 Posts
Anyone run extended radius arms with just a leveling kit?
I am running the solo motorsports radius arms with a 2 inch leveling coils and i dont really have any complaints for what this setup had been able to do for the money. That said I am currently waiting for my coilovers from King but I have no idea when they will get here since they are on a huge back log. As CZ Eddie posted above solo motorsports or desolate motorsports and possibly threat motorsports sell leveling kits designed for their extended radius arms and all those companies are very well know in the Bronco world.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts