Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about me making my own extended radius arms?

im just getting back into welding so im excited to make all this stuff :D

but im almost hesitent to make something like that cause it sounds like it needs to be perfect... and really strong for that matter, would 1" steel bars with 1/4" steel plates connecting them be strong enough?

K

·
0 Posts
if you know what your doing, and can do it - more power to you brotha... but dont **** up and get yourself hurt! :thumbup

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can weld fine, im just worried about not making them strong enough or on the flip side making the excessivelly heavy or at the wrong angle and messing up my allignment...

to clarify: the main reason im interested in different radius arms is because the only place my 33's rub is on the radius arms... its not that i want longer ones because travel would just be an added bonus... i just wanted beefier ones that maybe made a little bit of an angle and avoided my tires.. i was planning on doing them in conjuction with my 2" lift by leveling coils... maybe i will do it if they still rub after the little lift.

K

·
0 Posts
see what you can get away with first... if your unsure of the materials to use, and how everything works and goes together, dont mess with it... youd be better rubbing on the stock arms than failing at your attempt and suffering the consequences... just my .02 though...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i have a plan! haha

ill go to the junk yard and pick up some radius arms just like mine, cut both the ends off, weld up my own middle section to my length and desired curve, and i can always put my stock ones back on! cool beans

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Hey guys while we're on the subject, I saw a rig this week-end with extremely long radius arms...they went half way down the length of the doors, does anyone know if a co. makes those or do you think they were custom jobs???:shrug

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Blaze said:
Hey guys while we're on the subject, I saw a rig this week-end with extremely long radius arms...they went half way down the length of the doors, does anyone know if a co. makes those or do you think they were custom jobs???:shrug
Was it on a Ford? TTB? solid axle? James duff offers extended arm for a solid D44 and Bent and Twisted offers extentions like the ones that Nameless used. Thats all the options as far as I know other that custom.

Edit- Heres a pic of the James Duff arms

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
They were on a 90ish F-150...looked very similer to your pic. I'm just thinking they were a touch more beefy, but it could be just trying to compare pic. to real life or the fact that a Bronk is a little beefer than a 150 and it appears smaller...:shrug
Anyway, yea they looked like that..thanks:beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts