Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to how the stock shackle bracket flipped with a longer shackle would compare to the Sky shackle flip. I read that the longer shackles will have more leverage on the leafs. Seems like it would be good for use with 1 ton springs and to better tune a spring pack. Although for the stock pack it might make them too soft. Opinions?

·
ate lug
88, 90, 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,192 Posts
If you flip the stock bracket, you dont get any lift. The lift comes from the Sky bracket because it lowers the mounting point of the shackle. So youd either have to use the Sky flip, or go to the junkyard and get a stock bracket from the front of the leaf springs and use that. Point is, the operation of the shackle isnt any more/less effective, the flip kit was made just as a means to lift the rear of the truck.
That also means that you could use either bracket with a longer shackle and see the same results. Having the proper shackle angle is really whats important.

·
Like them tires spinnin'
846 Posts
The lift shackles would have to be super long(read: stupid) for them to provide the same amount of lift at the correct shackle angle. Lift shackles also put different stress on your springs. My leaf packs on my DD Xterra are getting flatter because of the PRG shackles I have on it. The rig used to be level, now the front is a little higher after 8 months of having them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.