Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know K&N sells a small valve cover type breather filter but that is pricey. There was also that one i posted on the part time FSB board for the plymouth breeze but i was wondering if the little rock type filter that goes on the fish tanks for putting air in the water would work..I know i can blow through them plus they are very cheap... :histerica.....i have to go purchase a couple more lines though because i just have the tcase and rear axle ran...need to do the front axle, power steering pump and then the distributor.

i was also thinking of making a little plastic or metal box (like 2"x 1/2") to put one of those mesh or whatever filters that are used in the air cleaners of the vintage vehicles for the oil breather...those are like a buck if that...and i have plenty of scrap metal laying around... :smash

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Too much effort... any parts store will sell an Fram in-line fuel filter for barely a couple bucks.
Or, if you wanted to get fancy, you could always make a small threaded bracket, and use a
threaded fuel filter

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
man JAFO that is one BIG match you got there :histerica

im sorry i am of no use in this post i just wanted to say that
plus im a whore

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used a cheap air compressor hose from Depot. I used 3 tee's and plumbed my front, rear, tranny and t-case vents all together. I used one tee for the tranny, one for the t-case and the third tee joins the front end with everything else. Then I ran some hose from the third tee up through my e-brake floor grommet, under my dash and up the a-pillar stopping in the roof. I capped the hose end off with a little chrome and colored air filter from discount. Seems to have worked so far and it was a total of like $20 bucks for everything. I also hase clamped all the connections.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
cigarette butt plugged in the hose end ... costs you nothing and breathes enough to do the job :p

I don't even have anything on the end of mine ... one is 3' over length and coiled up inside rear plastic panel on top of wheel well and the front one is 3' over length coiled up around my WW washer resevoir :thumbup

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
that air hose is a good idea & so is using the T's as opposed to three or 4 lines. dont forget the tranny breather too.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I picked up the filter shown in this pic at a swap meet for 3 bucks.

It's made by Mr Gasket, and one day when I get off my dead ass I'm gonna run all my lines, and tee them off like Dovepower mentioned and use the filter under the hood like JAFO did his...:thumbup

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea...i like the look of a regular valve cover breather filter....but those seem to cost too much....I just picked up some more brake line....i am using 1/4" to run all the vents lines. Only reason i am doing that over rubber is so that it last and also i recieved it very cheap from the parts store.. I am thinking of mounting kinda like JAFO but on the fender under my Cruise control tucked out of anythings way.

·
Registered
237 Posts
85F150- You really should use some rubber some where to account for suspension travel. Also the engine and tranny do move around alot and should need some flex also. Unless you have solid mounted engine and tranny. The reaon I didn't mount mine under the hood is b/c I race my truck occasionally and when you hit a mud pit going really fast it gets into every nook and cranny. Plus, I want to be able to ford through water at least 5 ft deep. I am planning to add a snorkel at some point but, for now I am doing all the little things a little at a time. :shrug Why should Hummers get to have all the fun?

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not planning on fording through five feet of water yet...and i fly through the mud pits that is why i am putting them in the croner like that and am making a shield around the front of them that runs almost to the firewall...if i have probs with water getting in then i will move them in the cab somewhere...also i have rubber lines on where they connect at to the axles and what not....I put the truck on the lift with the suspension all the way drooped so i could tell how much was needed and no way would i run solid mounts with out doing alot of work on the frame to take the abuse...I ran the poly mounts on my car and a torque strap for the motor and that started cracking the sheetmetal on the body at the sail panels.. :-(

air line looks like a great idea...vary durable at least what i have used

1 - 16 of 16 Posts