Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed something lately about the 78-79 broncos. The chrome trim on a majority of them run along the middle of the body (where the two-tone paint meets) and stops at the rear of the truck. Just out of curiosity, how may had the chrome trim all around the truck? Mine has the chrome trim outlining the two-tone paint along the middle of the body, down the rear panel, and along the bottom of the body, including around the fenders. Just something I've noticed. I don't see very many (if any) other broncos with that trim package. :popc1:

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
The lower trim is pretty rare.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i hate all that trim especially since i dont have it both of the bodys i have right now have had it removed, and it leaves the damn welded in stud there,which means for you to get it normal looking you must drill the little bastard out, and reweld metal in its place:banghead :banghead

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Gub_Ni said:
The lower trim is pretty rare.
Is it? As in on the trucks, or as in finding some?

Cause I've got some of it downstairs in my stash that I need to sell. I may be more motivated to sell it if I know it's rare and highly sought after. :toothless

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the model, I have a ranger xlt with it and also a custom with it, I think it all had to do with what paint job it got.
As for rare then I am rich. Its everywhere here.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Dawg Bones said:
yeah right....like auto parts is all you're talkin about when you say stash!!!!!
Hush! Nobody is supposed to know about that stuff. :twak

Broncoholic said:
I don't think it has anything to do with the model, I have a ranger xlt with it and also a custom with it, I think it all had to do with what paint job it got.
Got pics of the Custom model? I thought the Custom was pretty bare bones with nothing added to it. Like that Custom parts Bko I picked up, didn't even have a back seat and it was all one color of baby shit brown. :toothless

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
My 78 Ranger XLT HAD all the studs but I don't really care for that trim so grind weld duraglass you'd never even know. I think it only came on the Ranger XLT but I could be wrong. I have never seen a custom Bronco that has it on unless someone changed the emblems

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got a pic its in my wallet with the rest of them, but Iam at work now so it'll have to wait.
its yellow w/white in the center, the inside is bare w/vinyl black seats including a rear one

·
Registered
606 Posts
i think mine was a custom i would have to find my emblems that never made it back on the truck though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya' know...I could use the driver's side rear trim that runs verticle behind the park light if anyone is willing to part with a piece...:D I kinda..umm...accidently got a little too close to the shed parking my trailer and tore the trim off. (what a [email protected]$$ :banghead ) I just have to figure out how to reattach the trim once I find it.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how may had the chrome trim all around the truck?

All that got a 2 tone paint job. It did not matter if it was a Custom, Ranger or an XLT. You could order any paint job on any model. There were no factory 2 tone paint jobs that split the colors from top to bottom with the racetrack trim, that paint job was done by an independent. All 2 tone got the lower molding unless it was the special 2 tone. The special 2 tone was where the hood was painted a different color than the main body and the top of the cab was painted the same color as the hood.

As far as the trim being rare. I don't think it is rare enuf that it will draw big $$.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
:banghead hey does anyone have that trim for sale my bronco had it and i wanna put it back on but new from jeffs bronco and other places r selling it really really expensive:banghead

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
79broncoboy92 said:
:banghead hey does anyone have that trim for sale my bronco had it and i wanna put it back on but new from jeffs bronco and other places r selling it really really expensive:banghead

Look on Ebay there was a guy like a week ago selling that whole trim package for $100 and some other stuff to

·
Registered
647 Posts
mine is a custom, i just ripped a bunch of that trim off and threw it in the trash this last week when i was cutting out the wheel wells but it had it all the way around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts