Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Kurt Bolden's 72 Jimmie from this years TTC. With a D60, 14 bolt and a 502 running 44 boggers, pretty sweet for a GM...but my question is with the "exo cage" seems like it would do more damage than any good. Look how it is bolted to the body work. Just for show or what....and again with the randomly placed diamond tread...:shrug

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
my gay-dar is reading off the map. Let me guess, crushed velvet interior? NO, I know what it has... fake fur! And would there be mirrior tiles on the dash? I can only guess that the mini disco ball hangs from the rollbar in there?

who's got that limp-wristed smiley? It goes here
|
|
|
\/

____

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I think it is just more for looks....Especially with the diamond tread. But, The exo might help against branches...

·
0 Posts
The only blazers i like are the full convertible ones, thats the first Jimmy i have seen with the same body style.

Pretty fricking cool, but I would rather have my bronco.

I dont like orange,
I dont like diamond plate everywhere,
Tires are too fricking big for this rig,

Straight|..................................[.]..|Gay

the gayometer tells the truth.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I think i detect a bit of anal astronautism from the owner of this rig...

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
that bronco cracks me up.
first, the stuf fis welded to smittybuilt shit bumpers. second, none of it was bent, all prebent peices, looks like railings like you see for ledges. then just straight bars connecting it all.
its way worse than my thing, esicially since it sees street use.....

now for all you guys commenting on the blazer.
i hope you tell raf the same thing about his, since that is basicaly what he did.....or are some of you just kiss asses?
zilla, i aint dissin gyour stuff, just commenting on what others think

·
huh
7,196 Posts
BadassBronco said:

now for all you guys commenting on the blazer.

1--
Big Mike C. said:
This is Kurt Bolden's 72 Jimmie from this years TTC. With a D60, 14 bolt and a 502 running 44 boggers, pretty sweet for a GM...but my question is with the "exo cage" seems like it would do more damage than any good. Look how it is bolted to the body work. Just for show or what....and again with the randomly placed diamond tread...:shrug
2--
davids78bronco said:
my gay-dar is reading off the map. Let me guess, crushed velvet interior? NO, I know what it has... fake fur! And would there be mirrior tiles on the dash? I can only guess that the mini disco ball hangs from the rollbar in there?
3--
Drilim said:
I think it is just more for looks....Especially with the diamond tread. But, The exo might help against branches...
4--
Cranker said:
Very weak. Not sure why it is even in the ttc this year...:shrug
5--
94_chickentaco said:
The only blazers i like are the full convertible ones, thats the first Jimmy i have seen with the same body style.
Pretty fricking cool, but I would rather have my bronco.
I dont like orange,
I dont like diamond plate everywhere,
Tires are too fricking big for this rig,
Straight|..................................[.]..|Gay
the gayometer tells the truth.
6--
Cranker said:
I would have to say that gaydar is very accurate...
7--
Blaze said:
8--
Drilim said:
I think i detect a bit of anal astronautism from the owner of this rig...

BadassBronco said:

i hope you tell raf the same thing about his, since that is basicaly what he did....

Basically, no, thats it not what i did.. Im assuming that you are talking about the exo tube bolted to the body as quoted here.
Big Mike C. said:
Look how it is bolted to the body work.
Last i looked mine wasnt bolted to body. its welded to the bumpers and sliders and (now that my smaller diameter tube arrived 1.5") it will have braces coming in to the cage in the rear and to the coilover/engine brace on the front... so uh.. its not basically the same thing.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
if you look at the ends you can see the holes in the tube where it would be screwed or bolted on.. unless the door itself isnt permanently closed then it is bolted on and not going to the cage.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
um before you go off on the front bumper. more than likley they are using the bumper as just a cover since those types of bumper are just formed steel. Im willing to bet he has some square tubing reinforcing everything in there and thats why there is a WINCH mounted to it. specially since a winch would creme a stock bumper.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What I was trying to get at is...if you were to rub a tree with that blazer, it woulld push the bars into the body, as that is what is holding them on....with Raf's and I am asumming Todd's they are attached to the bumbers, sliders and frame therefore when you brush a tree it puts the force on those pieces and not the body. Therefore no body damage...:banghead

1 - 20 of 26 Posts