14Bolt RG14 $137.95

$15 Flat rate shipping on all single orders
$20 Flat rate shipping on orders of 2 covers

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Any for the 10.25?
:stupid

Those are pretty nice lookin. I like the locker recess. No more wonderin where to drill that hole.

How far out do they sit? Any potential probs with heavy duty steering? Are you running one on your front? How is the clearance?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Pretty sweet, why didn't they put drain plugs in them? I want diff covers with drain plugs, but don't want the Mag Hytec price. Plus I doubt an aftermarket front will fit on the front with my steering.

-Curtis-

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Probably because if you buy these, it is assumed you actually need it. Which means you are bashing it up. And if you had a drain plug it would just get ground to bits.

Mag Hytech covers are for the blingy crowd in diesel and truckin' mags. I wouldn't trust them to hit a log let alone a rock. And they are GROSSLY overpriced because those guys will pay it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Some of the drain plugs i have seen are recessed so i don't see how they would get ruined. Reason i want a drain plug is for easy draining if water gets in there.

And yes I agree with the Mag Hytecs

-Curtis-

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any for the 10.25?
No but they are working on it.
:stupid

Those are pretty nice lookin. I like the locker recess. No more wonderin where to drill that hole.

How far out do they sit? Any potential probs with heavy duty steering? Are you running one on your front? How is the clearance?
They sit pretty tight. I don't run them yet but I'm ordering mine monday.

As far as a drain plug. Even a recessed on I would have killed!

·
Registered
263 Posts
No because the D35 TTB doesn't use a diff cover does it? I thought the housing bolts directly to the TTB arm and that acts as the diff cover. Same as the D44 TTB right
Correct, at least that is how it is on my truck.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Pretty sweet, why didn't they put drain plugs in them? I want diff covers with drain plugs, but don't want the Mag Hytec price. Plus I doubt an aftermarket front will fit on the front with my steering.

-Curtis-
It wouldn't be hard to add one if you wanted. Go get a recessed plug with hex head see what size bit you are supposed to use to drill the hole, tap that sucka to fit the thread on the plug and whoala, you have a drain plug.

And why wouldn't this cover fit your particular steering?

·
Registered
651 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to add one if you wanted. Go get a recessed plug with hex head see what size bit you are supposed to use to drill the hole, tap that sucka to fit the thread on the plug and whoala, you have a drain plug.

And why wouldn't this cover fit your particular steering?
Never considered adding one myself. Durr:whiteflag

Well right now with the knuckle under and 1.5" DOM there is maybe a .25" clearance on the stock cover at full lock. Not much room to play with.

-Curtis-

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anything for a 9 inch? :haha
For you only Rodney:toothless

Well right now with the knuckle under and 1.5" DOM there is maybe a .25" clearance on the stock cover at full lock. Not much room to play with.

-Curtis-
Ah it'll work fine!!! If not just bend your drag link to fit around the cover. LOL

These covers are made to be super strong but not kill your clearance!!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts

-Curtis-
granted mine are chevy knuckles and there may be a difference there, but this pic is driver lock, knuckle under, another vendor's heavy duty cover, 1.37" tie rod (so that would gain me a whopping .07" difference in clearance than yours), and what remains is about .4":

passenger turn leaves my about .7" :rockon

I remember the other vendor telling me the clearance was carefully looked at and his covers were as good or better than stock and that turned out to be true. Hefty will be able to confirm once he gets his in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts