Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished lifting the bronco 6”, installed axle pivot drop brackets, radius arm drop brackets, a new extended pitman arm, etc. Is this allignable? A shop near by said they could align it for (up to) $360. I know that’s a ridiculous amount of money for an alignment but I’m done messing with the suspension myself and that one shop was the only shop to respond to my emails. I’ve heard about camber bushings but not sure if there are any out there that could put this back into spec. Does anyone have a good guess of how much degrees this is out camber wise? It’s on 33s for reference btw. Been a member since 2014 and this is my first post, so please take it easy on me haha

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,931 Posts
Holy cow!

Moog k80108 I believe is the adjustable camber bushing you need.

The springs will settle a bit and help, but not that much!

·
Registered
95 5.8L XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Manual hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15's, 301K miles
735 Posts
Or the Springs are too long and/or stiff. Or not seated in their perches all the way.

·
Super Moderator
14,736 Posts
yeah something in that lift isn't right..that's a hell of a lot of camber to make up with the adjustable bushings..

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,797 Posts
did you install the coil springs upside down? Also who is the lift manufacturer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It almost looks like the drop brackets are in the wrong spot. Here's my 4" procomp. The 6" holes are below. I can do more pictures if that is helpful at all.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,857 Posts
I would start with adjusting your toe, then drive the truck forward, say 60 feet without backing up and see what it looks like. 6' lift should not be that big of a deal with drop brackets; 10" I could see it being an issue.. Curious what it looks like after you adjust your tie rod ends.

I'm using the same brackets:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I just posted another thread on what happened after I took it to a shop. The guys at the shop said I needed longer tie rod ends to adjust toe, and my camber is still quite out

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,857 Posts
IMO, This setup really helps:

SUPERUNNER STEERING

If you shop around, you can find it for under $300

·
Registered
93 Bronco 5.8L 6" ProComp suspension front Deaver rear springs
5 Posts
Just finished lifting the bronco 6”, installed axle pivot drop brackets, radius arm drop brackets, a new extended pitman arm, etc. Is this allignable? A shop near by said they could align it for (up to) $360. I know that’s a ridiculous amount of money for an alignment but I’m done messing with the suspension myself and that one shop was the only shop to respond to my emails. I’ve heard about camber bushings but not sure if there are any out there that could put this back into spec. Does anyone have a good guess of how much degrees this is out camber wise? It’s on 33s for reference btw. Been a member since 2014 and this is my first post, so please take it easy on me haha
View attachment 159628 View attachment 159629

·
Registered
93 Bronco 5.8L 6" ProComp suspension front Deaver rear springs
5 Posts
Desolate Motor sports has adjustable camber/caster shims that will adjust up to 2.5 degrees. Also it may take some time for the coils to "settle" to their normal ride height. It will also depend upon what motor you have due to the variables in weight. Alignments can run expensive the first time due to the stock shims rusting into the beams and onto the ball joints. It may take some heat and an air chisel to remove the old ones.

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,857 Posts
I used these adjustable bushings with the SupeRunner steering set up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts