Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 Auto 4x4 2.5" Lift on 32's
58 Posts
On the injector color, I found not all colors designate the injector rate. I've found 19 lbs injectors that were yellow and blue and so forth with other injectors. On the MAP I thought 94 and up were MAF? You can have a MAP and still have MAF? Don't mean to get the thread side tracked.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,403 Posts
On the injector color, I found not all colors designate the injector rate. I've found 19 lbs injectors that were yellow and blue and so forth with other injectors. On the MAP I thought 94 and up were MAF? You can have a MAP and still have MAF? Don't mean to get the thread side tracked.
The 95 5.8 was speed density, except maybe California.

OP, I’m out of ideas. Maybe warranty the injectors and get replacements.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm going to put the originals back in and see what happens. I believe these injectors are something other than 19lb but not sure. Thanks for all the help!!! I will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok, old injectors are back in and it does run better but it now has a miss which I'm going to chalk up to fouled plugs due to how rich it was running. Going to install new plugs and change the oil tomorrow and see how she does.

·
Man of endless projects
9,096 Posts
you should have pulled at least a few plugs. see if any are noticeable worse than others. could have been a injector or 2 having an issue.

yes 95 49-state trucks were MAP while Cali trucks and 96 were MAF.

when you disconnect a o2 sensor it runs at base tune, no correction based on o2 feedback. if o2 sensor is failed, it can always show lean so it will keep adding fuel till it reaches its limit, which case it assume o2 bad and ignores it. but that can take awhile. this is the case in my mud truck that the o2 sensors never seem to work correctly and make it run super rich to the point i jsut unplug them.

you might just return those injectors and buy a set of reman 96-98 5.0 Explorer injectors. they are direct swap upgrade.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Ok, I rented a fuel pressure kit and I am just above 36 at idle and it drops to about 32 revving it. Now, is it possible to rebuild an injector and it be something different than 19lb in a 19lb housing? Basically could they have sent me a 36lb in 19lb clothing? I put the intake back on and still rich. I pulled some plugs and they are all wet so I believe they are all throwing way to much fuel.
Does the fuel pressure go UP when you remove the vacuum line to the FPR at idle?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I pulled 2 plugs on each side and they were all wet. I stopped at that point because I feel that these injectors were the issue and are not 19lb injectors. I reinstalled the old injectors and rich condition is gone. I do have a fouled plug or 2 but that is all. I am going to return them and try another set from somewhere else, any recommendations?

Yes, the fuel pressure went to around 42 with vacuum line off.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
318 Posts
I have a friend that cleans and tests injectors, it
is rare, but he has seen this before where new injectors are flowing as rated.

·
Man of endless projects
9,096 Posts
just looked up the brand based from the pic. well i kinda hate to say it but you get what you pay for. 50$ for a set of injectors is way too cheap, even for reman injectors. if you read the reviews they seem to have many people with same issue

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
you can rebuild the injectors yourself. i have used both of these kits and they were fine. you just have to be careful popping off the cap so as to avoid damaging the injector underneath.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts