Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, two days ago I got my spare tire cover stolen and today I go out to my truck and now my f*cking spare tire has been stolen!

What the Hell?!? Seriously... who steals a spare tire cover and a spare tire? I don't even think it was someone stealing it because they needed or wanted it, I think it was just some punks that live around here and thought it would be funny. F*cking hilarious!

I'm sure this happened to some of y'all but this is the 2nd Bronco in my family and both times the spare tire cover has been stolen and it just pisses me the Hell off at how little respect some idiots have for other people's shit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So, two days ago I got my spare tire cover stolen and today I go out to my truck and now my f*cking spare tire has been stolen!

What the Hell?!? Seriously... who steals a spare tire cover and a spare tire? I don't even think it was someone stealing it because they needed or wanted it, I think it was just some punks that live around here and thought it would be funny. F*cking hilarious!

I'm sure this happened to some of y'all but this is the 2nd Bronco in my family and both times the spare tire cover has been stolen and it just pisses me the Hell off at how little respect some idiots have for other people's shit.
that sucks man i can relate someone stole my tailgate off my 150 and now i have the gay ass netting, keep your eyes peeled for your spare man it had to gone to another rig in the area check all f series and bronco's in the area a lil more that usual, i mean like when i see one i check out to see how the body looks but i would keep my eyes peeled especially in the days ahead , leeme know if you find the bastards and leeme know if they have a red tailgate..good luck

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I just read some place that someone actually had thier transmission stolen out of thier ranger. Think it was on pirates.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Excuse me but you reside in Texas. Know the law and protect your property. Texas is a great state that allows you to protect your property. You apparently did not choose to do so. Quit whining.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Excuse me but you reside in Texas. Know the law and protect your property. Texas is a great state that allows you to protect your property. You apparently did not choose to do so. Quit whining.
Yeah, why dont you just sit outside with a gun for the rest of your life protecting your things. For that matter why didnt you have a bodyguard, or land mines. Do you even run a current through your rig so anyone who touches it is immidiately incapacitated...or maybe, like you said, maybe we should just rely on people not to be assholes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not trying to be funny, just trying to educate those that live in Texas. Deadly force is allowed in our state at night for malicious mischief. I do not advocate it but it is an option. I suggest you lock your Bronco in the garage at night or maybe have an alarm system.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts

I used to have a locking nut, on my swing away spare, that allowed me to padlock it. Doesn't yours have that option ?

I say used to because hosehead (youngest brother) lost it last time he was changing a flat.

Order that kind of locking nut from Ford and use it in future my friend

Sorry for you loss

Sixlitre

p.s./
I always keep a p!$$ poor spare tire on mine so nobody gets tempted. As for the spare tire cover I lost that myself so I have no one to blame but me:banghead

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Not trying to be funny, just trying to educate those that live in Texas. Deadly force is allowed in our state at night for malicious mischief. I do not advocate it but it is an option. I suggest you lock your Bronco in the garage at night or maybe have an alarm system.
your an idiot.. regardless of the law.. you shoot someone trying to steal ur spare tire you will go to jail... the law allows you to protect yourself in the event that your own life feels threatened

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well, you live in Pa. Enjoy your life there. I do not threaten anyone. I was just repeating what the law is in my state.

·
Registered
447 Posts
unfortunately, you do not know the law in texas. It is really easy to read and understand. It is like asking a noob to do a search. I suggest you do a search starting with the Texas Department Of Motor Vehicles. Good luck, stay safe.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, put a lock on it, they didnt take the cover to use it, they took it off so later they could have access to the spare, you should have seen that coming, By the way im from so cal and I found someone stealing my property you can bet your sweet ass they wouldint do it again. texas or not you dont have to shoot someone to get your point across.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Maybe, just going to bed and forgetting about it is a great solution. It is difficult to protect your property under ideal situations so I suggest call 911. They will show up eventually.

·
Registered
97 Posts
wheel locks! 'po people sell aluminum rims at metal salvage yards! i see it all the time,or keep a steelie under the cover.ive come out in the morning to see the cover on the floor a few times......than again i live in nyc

·
Registered
832 Posts
i used to live in texas and a guy was threatening to key my car constantly until i got tired of him and i pulled a knife on him. i swear people have no respect for another mans ride.

·
Registered
132 Posts
that sucks man i can relate someone stole my tailgate off my 150......
LOL
Not that I owned an F-150, but....
Back in highschool, it felt like there was only 3 F-150 tailgates in my city. If you needed one for the weekend, you had to go out at 2 A.M. and "sign-out" one of 'em from a fellow ford owner (usually with a flashlight and a friend waiting with the engine running). But it was only temporary, someone else would need one a week later and yours would be relinquished to the never-ending circle of theft.

·
Registered
97 Posts
takin a spare i wouldnt get too mad at but if the truck got keyed i would do more than just shoot-gotta be top of the list of scumbag

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can relate also, my first post on this board was to help determine what all was stolen from UNDER THE HOOD in addition to the smog pump, battery, air cleaner, diverter valve, etc. Really hard to piece emissions control crap back together when you didnt take it apart... It did get me into this board at least, so some good came of it. Thanks to all for the support and help!
And remember, bad things eventually happen to bad people, even if they arent in Texas.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
when i use to have a tire cover i ran a steel cable through it and put a small lock on it. Ill see if i can find a pic of it. It wouldnt have stoped someone from taking it but would have made them bring more tools.

Sorry
Danny

·
Registered
402 Posts
My truck came from the factory with a spare tire lock on it. It's a special lugnut that you have to use a special adaptor thing to get it off. Scared the crap outta me when I had to get the spare off after flattenin both of my front tires from running over a cedar post 2 weeks after I got it. Found the adaptor doo-hickey in the glove box, never been used before.

Mine didn't have a tire cover though but my mom got me one from a 79ish Bronco off Ebay. I wish someone'd steal it, its not that good. :-/

1 - 20 of 53 Posts