1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
78/79 sliding rear glass
$100 obo +shipping
Description:
The glass & hardware is solid, but one of the sliders doesn't slide very easily--needs new felt. Gaskets in good condition but need cleaning. One window has old tint on it that needs to be removed.

78/79 stock rear bumper
$50 obo +shipping
Description:
Fair condition. When mounted, some visible chrome is wearing a bit, but it's pretty minor. One of the light shrouds is kind of melted (got it from a junkyard like that). The bottom of the bumper is scuffed and has minor surface rust along its entire length. There's a dent at one of the bottom bolts, as though the bumper snagged on something once. Includes bumper bolts (but not frame bolts). Missing one main mounting bracket (it can still be mounted with the support brackets, but it really needs the other main bracket).

78/79 chrome trim (_NOT_ XLT)
$300+shipping
Description:
Extremely good condition. Trim for both fenders, both doors, both quarter panels & includes plastic mounts.

And still available:

78/79 Superlift 4" lift radius arm drop brackets
$75+shipping
Description:
Used for a few months; good condition.
78/79 new front shocks
$20 each+shipping
Description:
Superlift SuperRide Shocks for 78/79 Bronco, 3"-4" lift
2 front shocks (1 #85280--behind axle, 1 #85300--ahead of axle. Both are the top stud/eye mount, and there's only one of each.)
Fits other applications as well:
http://www.superlift.com/media/charts/shocks.pdf
New in boxes, but boxes are a little beat up. No boots.
New 78/79 Superlift radius arm polyurethane bushings (four total)
$12+shipping
Description:
New in box.
Location (City): Whittier
ZIP CODE (for shipping calculations): 90606
Will you Ship? (Y):
Method of shipment (UPS, FedEx, etc): UPS or USPS
Payment method (PayPal, check, MO, etc): Check/MO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do the front windows open and close just fine? I'm very interested as long as everything works fine or could be fixed easily and that the window gasket is still good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My son PFCBronco wants the sliders but is getting ready to go to Irag. He's lost internet access. Could you shoot me a shipping price to 37174 TN .Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony6839 said:
My son PFCBronco wants the sliders but is getting ready to go to Irag. He's lost internet access. Could you shoot me a shipping price to 37174 TN .Thanks for your time.
I haven't been checking the thread and the instant notification didn't notify me when your son posted, and I apologize for not getting back to him. It did notify me of your post, though, so...

Shipping should be right around $35 (guestimating the package size at 60"x24"x8" & 30lbs); if it's less I'll refund the difference.

As far as his question about how well they work: the hinged portion of both windows works great, and one of the sliders slides fine. The other slider is difficult to slide due to needing new rubber/felt. The window gaskets are in good condition--they're servicable and didn't leak when the windows were installed--but they definitely look like they're 28 years old. Also, although the gasket locking strips are present and servicable, both look pretty bad (I think they had a fake plasti-chrome finish on them, but it's long since lost its shine and is peeled and cracking). Both gaskets have one small nick on the end where I was cutting the fiberglass to get the windows out. These nicks won't be visible once the windows are reinstalled, and won't cause any leakage. The aluminum of the frames looks weathered, kind of like the aluminum on an old screen door. I don't know how hard the tint on the tinted one will be to get off; the one that's been de-tinted was like that when I got the Bronco.

In short, other than the one slider that needs new rubber/felt, the only issues are cosmetic. I think these would be fine for day-to-day use, but if your son is planning an original-condition restoration or building a show truck, they may not be what he's looking for.

If you can send me your e-mail address, tomorrow I'll take a couple of closer pictures of some of what I've described above and send them to you so you can see if these windows will indeed be satisfactory.

Wilson
s o k s n i f f e r @ g m a i l . c o m

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.