Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to build another f150 but this time leaf sprung and 1 ton instead of coil and 3/4 ton like last time. Figure I'd post this up since I'm sure someone can pull some ideas. Was aiming for a cheap 1 ton swap , still have some stuff left to buy but I'll tally it up to give people a ball park.

F150 body was dropped on a 2x4 f250 frame (coil spring) so I still had to jump threw the same issues as you bronco guys with frame horns and such

Haven't seen many Chevy 52 spring swaps on fords and not much info on here so I'm going to give it a shot. Using an 80's king pin 60 with Chevy blazer rear springs either 2 or 4" lift

D60 is 3.55 for now but I have 4.88's for it, swapped to Chevy 3/4 ton brakes to fit 15 inch rims. Stripped it down and rebuilt king pins.
Rear is shackle flipped, 2 inch block and moved the hangers down on frame

Pictures will be up when I figure out how to do it from phone but as of right now it's axle is in and sitting on tires

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realized today I should of did it like a week ago haha . I'll have to do pictures from my computer so they come in right way.

So the goal is around 10-11" of lift, the truck will sit on 42" tsls. Road legal but it is going to be in the mud. Swapped the blown e4od to a c6. Was a long bed bobbed it down to short bed. Swapped in Chevy brakes for clearance on rims . Stock gears, diff cover and steering untill I can afford to upgrade. Went with Chevy lift springs because I found them cheap and they are a little softer then f350 springs. Stock rear springs , shackle reversal up front and flipped in back with all f250/350 rear shackles

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the cross member , drew it out and had a buddy weld it all together really happy with it fit like a glove on frame. 3/8 plate and 4x4 I believe was 9/32 wall. Really beefy. 4 5/8 bolts on each side and I think I'll run a bead on it too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this pictures coming up side ways is killing me I guess thats what happens when pictures go from iphone to supermotors. Any way its sitting on its own weight. The crossmember is intended to give about the same lift as the sky 3" kit. The chevy springs had about 12.5" of arch unloaded and with weight flattened out to around 3-4" I believe. Rough measurements I think its sitting at like 10-11" of lift like I wanted it fits a 42 nicely. Ill try to get some regular pictures up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kinda forgot about this thread, truck was finished but I've been going back and tweeking things and fixing all the things I break :toothless:banghead Broke a shaft at a mud bog and ripped my wiring harness out of the truck, then at trucks gone wild I ripped my brake lines out.
The chevy springs settled in a bit and I wound up moving the front hangers 2" forward to fix shackle angle, blazer springs are soft.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Damn that looks good brother. Hmm 42's might be in my future now. Lol. I still haven't touched my bronco since the Rausch Creek trip. Been too busy working in the wifes Jeep. I just have to fix the body mounts and find out why I have death wobble then I'll be back out with it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ O good old death wobble, I hated chasing that problem. On my last truck I had death wobble from tires. This truck wobbles some too but I have no shocks, no track bar, old steering and didn't bother trying to balance the tires so it was to be expected, its not on the road right now any way mostly trailering it around.
If you find me some 44 boggers you can have my 42's :toothless

That picture with the flag in was before I moved the axle forward 2 inches and I also cut a little out of the fender.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Damn there was just a set of 44 boggers on a facebook page for $600 with decent tread on deuce wheels. If I had the extra money I wouldve scooped them up but they are long gone already.

Before Rausch Creek I didn't have death wobble. After the trip I got it, so I don't think its the tires. I'm leaning towards somewhere in the steering.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts