Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did a bit of reading on the teraflex shackles and have nixed that idea, quick. They arent stable on hillsides. Especially with fullsize rigs.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,286 Posts
There is another flex aid - I forget what they are called but they are a conical type bushing that’s allows the spring to rotate laterally in the shackle. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,794 Posts
v-codes are nice. I run those on my excursion. Though I was not concerned about flex. The excursion rides very close to my 92 Bronco with Procomp springs front and rear.
Also if you rebuild the C6 you can put in the E4OD gearset for 1 & 2, helps a bit. This is what is usually called a wide ratio c6.

I know you have the axles already, but If was mine I would look at the radius arm and coil sprung 05+ superduty front ends.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Same on 05+ axles. Get the oem frame mounts and gearbox too.

Obs d60s are worth so much value for a direct bolt in swap on aero f250 powerstrokes. More of a value and factory hardware benefit than a build axle.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's of value to me for bolting under a 88 f250... the simpler the better. Which is why I wanted to use 90s f350 lift springs. Simple bolt on swap.

And I cant stand the gigantic radius arms on the 05+ axles. Which means fabricating something there. And every one I see in the JY has something missing already. Quite annoying.

I have a 4bolt steering gear off a newer E350 to put on.

I thought the c6 gears were the ones that swapped into the e4od. I'll check into that.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
No you swap the e4od gears into the C6 because the C6 is beef, but the 1st gear is crap. Or, use the stainless planetaries out of a SD 4R100 if you plan on major HP down the road.

I would recommend staying away from OBS lift springs. Been there, done that, it sucks. Do a shackle reversal with a set of stock springs. You can buy a kit that will work with either OBS or SD springs, so I'd hit the yards, see what you can find and go from there.

Do not use the TTB leafs! It will ride horrible, they are wayyyy to high a spring rate.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,794 Posts
The change in the gearing is noticable too. I have a broader wide ratio C6 in my 78 now, and even with the old engine the change was very noticable. Was very close, i thought, from say 4.56 vs 4.10 in 1st and 2nd

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
My thoughts for covering the light holes was I figured finding new lenses would be impossible.
I just caught this part. There's a guy on eBay who is making/selling clear lenses for the visors. I have a set, they're pretty nice. Could always go that route.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
No you swap the e4od gears into the C6 because the C6 is beef, but the 1st gear is crap. Or, use the stainless planetaries out of a SD 4R100 if you plan on major HP down the road.

I would recommend staying away from OBS lift springs. Been there, done that, it sucks. Do a shackle reversal with a set of stock springs. You can buy a kit that will work with either OBS or SD springs, so I'd hit the yards, see what you can find and go from there.

Do not use the TTB leafs! It will ride horrible, they are wayyyy to high a spring rate.
Pro comp has springs for SDs that are like 140 each, with 4" of lift. Or search the yards for Vcodes and do a shackle flip. Plenty of SDs and a few excursions. That's economical enough either way. I'm leaning towards making my own hangers for the SD springs. The available setups seem awfully expensive for what they are.

Oh you mean dont use the reverse arched springs that are on the f250 right now? Lol I wouldn't dream of it. They are only good for making knives!

I looked up the e4od ratio, and that would move my crawl ratio from 52 to 58. Not bad, but not sure if its worth it, unless I end up completely rebuilding it. Probably will though.

Realized I hadnt posted a pic of the truck! The bed is decent, but the rockers and such are pretty toasty. And no, the giant cow pusher isnt staying on it! It looks like a 3rd grader welded it.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
I like the cow pusher and headache rack. I'm sure the bumper looks good from far but is far from good. There's also a website that sells OE SD leaf springs. Can't remember it but it's posted on the SD forums when you search on the leaf swap.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Might be general spring out of KC. They sell all sorts of stock springs, even for our broncos. They are slightly more that what JBG sells.

The headache rack is gonna get chopped down a bit and put on my 96 f350. Yeah, the cow pusher is only good for that. The ends of it are just rubber conveyor belt... Its ugly as hell up close haha.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts