Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
if you were to pull both '05 axles and accompanying brackets, how much would they charge for that? I have been wanting some for a project, but there are no good yards around here for me to check. just trying to get some ball park numbers.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
if you were to pull both '05 axles and accompanying brackets, how much would they charge for that? I have been wanting some for a project, but there are no good yards around here for me to check. just trying to get some ball park numbers.
Depends on which yard. One is 200 for front axles and 120 for rear. They would likely charge for radius arms and most brackets depending on how you have em in the cart. I reattach what i can to keep it as a unit. Another yard is 100 for any axle and would likely not charge for any brackets. They dont have the stock rotation the other place has tho.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,201 Posts
Got the flatbed loaded! 3 skinny country boys, a floor jack, a ratchet strap, and careful maneuvering of the trailer got it moved off the f150 and onto the trailer. Im sure it was over 1000 lbs.
I’ve done that trick with 1 skinny country boy, a high lift, and 4 ladders.... lots of fun haha

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I’ve done that trick with 1 skinny country boy, a high lift, and 4 ladders.... lots of fun haha
Im gonna try using an engine hoist and my little JD tractor to set it on the frame when the time comes. The JD will lift about 1000 lbs.

Its gonna get shortened and dovetailed (I.e. remove like 250 lbs), but only after i set it on the F250 lol.

Been looking at tubing benders, but dayum! They are so expensive! I have a flat bar bender that i think ill try making my own dies for.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Depends on which yard. One is 200 for front axles and 120 for rear. They would likely charge for radius arms and most brackets depending on how you have em in the cart. I reattach what i can to keep it as a unit. Another yard is 100 for any axle and would likely not charge for any brackets. They dont have the stock rotation the other place has tho.
That's not bad. What website do you check to see what's in the yard? wonder if there are any out this way that are the same company.
Can you get full rolling chassis from these places?

·
Addicted to Junk
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That's not bad. What website do you check to see what's in the yard? wonder if there are any out this way that are the same company.
Can you get full rolling chassis from these places?
Row 52 is a nationwide company who hosts some websites like Pick N Pull. All the ones here have their own websites with inventory on them. Pics are from when they arrive at the JY. Some will send a runner to check if a part is on a vehicle if you call them.

They tend to not sell whole chassis, for insurance/title purposes. Smaller "mom n pop" yards might.

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
654 Posts
Getting back into this a bit. Got a couple things to button up on the bronco first though.

It will be Mack Green (someone please find me a Mack Bulldog hood ornament! Lol) Flatbed, bumper, wheels, etc will be black.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts