Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering doing a solid axel swap as opposed to lifting the TTB,
i want to do a little reseach first..

i found a 92 F250 that was in a side collision and will sell for about just as much as putting a lift on my truck, the f250 is equiped with a solid front axel as well as a ford 9" rear end, however the frame is very similer to the bronco, would it be feasable to remove the whole undercaraige from the f250 and bolt it under my bronco? i know i would have to drill all new holes in my frame and install the shock and spring mounts from the f250, but i planned on replacing mine due to rust anyway. would the bronco capacity brake system be compadible with the f250 drums and discs?

anything i forgot?

·
Well Done Man!
1,620 Posts
I would be a little leary of that truck, it has swapped compents.
That solid axle and 9 inch are not stock, and most of the time if someone put that much money/parts into they would buy it back after being totaled.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
WES said:
and 92 f-250s had dana 50 ttb, not a solid

wes
not all F-250s have D50, from what i have read, the only ones for sure were the long bed extra cabs with diesels or 460s.:goodfinge

a lot of those f-250s had D44HDs which were just leaf spring, 8 lug versions of the bronco/f-150 TTB. but IIRC, the D50 ones use the same size hubs as D60s

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
oh, my bad andy, i wasnt thinkin completely, i was stating for the early 80s f-350s that had the dana 50

wes

T

·
0 Posts
I had a '93 F250 with the diesel and the x cab, 4x4 heavy GVWR and it had a 50 TTB.
I don't think think they made any.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill check it out for sure, we have like 2 feet of snow up here so i was just going by what the guy said and not shoveling it out ... ill get to it monday i think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts