Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on new valve cover gaskets in my 1992 Eddie 5.8.

I have been working on getting so better mileage and doine the sixliter tune amongs other things. I decided to do the 1997 explorer 5.0 4 pintle fuel injector swap while I am in there...

When I pulled the "stock" injectors it looks to already have the 4 pintle tip, they are orange top and part number F2TE-A3A-- So im thinking that maybe they have been swapped in the past? They were very crusty and the caps all broke and or cracked when I removed them from the looks of things it really does not seem that anyone has removed them before. Even the valve covers had the factory metal ring to hold the harness over the bolts. Im not saying it may not have been done but it sure doesnt look like it.

When I searched I didnt get much on my part number. One website claimed they are from a 94 but didnt have any facts to back it. Does anyone know more about this part number???

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
Ev1 4 holes injectors. They came from the factory like that. The ev6 (explorer injectors) are better. These injectors are a bosch product iirc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I was led to believe that the pre 96 5.0 and 5.8 were the single "disc" type. Good to know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.