Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I searched and couldn't find it. But I am going to pick and pull tomorrow for some brake parts, and I need to replace the booster and was going to grab on from an F350 to help my braking. Now my question is is it a direct swap from the same generations? Or if i get one from a diff. gen do i have to modify any rods of anysorts? I read in one that it is best to get one from the same year, but wouldnt the same gen work the same? Please help i need this back on the road ASAP

Oh and do i have to have the MC from an F350 too? or can i just use booster? I read somethign that for best results use your 1/2 ton MC w/ the F350 Booster. Just need some clearification on that part. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I used one from a 94 f-350 i used the master cyl too because its 1 1/8"th iirc the stock bronco is 1 1/16" (i think). You will need the different actuator rod from the 350 if you done use the complete setup

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The rod inside that actually pushes the piston inside the master cyl. Ill take another look at mine when i get home. In my opinion its best to use the complete setup.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be in the booster right? and detachable so it could be interchanged? Ill see how much they want for the MC too, but they want 24 some for a booster, and i only got 30 bucks at the moment.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
it definitely helps braking. pedal will feel a little different but its worth it

·
Registered
527 Posts
The same generation units will all bolt to the Bronco. Master cylinders with cruise control will have an extra switch mounted on top of the body of the cylinder.
While cruise control trucks will work regardless, the cruise will not cancel when you hit the brakes if you use the wrong one.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
The same generation units will all bolt to the Bronco. Master cylinders with cruise control will have an extra switch mounted on top of the body of the cylinder.
While cruise control trucks will work regardless, the cruise will not cancel when you hit the brakes if you use the wrong one.
I've been wondering about how the cruise worked :)

I'm running 1/2 Booster with a 1 ton Master on my 85 right now. Didn't have to replace any rod.

I will probably run 1 ton booster and master on my 94 just because..

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Ic, but is it ok to just use the F350 booster with my half ton MC?
Should be, you might have to trim a slit in the ears of the MC so it can mount to the F350 booster. I did a Hydroboost upgrade for mine and the Hydro booster came out of a F450. To make them work all I had to do is trim slits in the ears of my old MC and bolted up fine and is still working fine. Been on for about a little over 2 weeks.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, that is good to here, just hope i dont have to trim, i dont think i have anything to trimit :S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts