Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a couple manual trans vehicles but I've bought them all new, and never had any problems with them. I have a '78 f-350 flat bed i use for my firewood business, it was a former steel truck that sat unused for most of its life, its only got about 70k on it.

Anyways, last time i was out i picked up a few thousand pounds of logs and got stuck at a RR crossing, on the incline. after the train left i put it in first (granny) and started movin'. i let off the clutch a little fast, but it started to skip like the clutch was slipping. after i got goin no more problems, still none to this day. so i guess my question is, is my clutch going or is that "normal" for having that much weight on its back, my poor use of the clutch in that instance, and being on an incline? i.e. should the clutch grab all the time regardless of the situation or is it normal for a regular clutch to slip a little bit under those circumstances?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
A clutch in one of these trucks should stall a motor out before slipping if in good working order. ESPECIALLY in superlow.

Just because the truck only has 70K on it doesn't mean that clutch hasn't been abused since day one and is now in the process of dying.

Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts