Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've searched and searched but haven't really found a "write-up" for a '95 or '96 FSB. I've seen write-ups for '78-79's, even for an '86. However, it's not apples to apples...

After talking with the guys at Vanco brakes they recommended the F350 booster upgrade over hydro-boost. I've decided on the booster upgrade and purchased it already. He said that a '78-82 F350 booster would bolt right in and so I picked it up from Ford using the part # for an '82 booster with speed control. Any advise or pointers with the upgrade? Is it necessary to use the F350 MC or can I just stick with the new Bronco oem MC I already installed? I want to retain cruise control.

I spent a couple hours searching threads, wishing that I had a '78 FSB so I wouldn't have to post a new thread:tinfoil But this is the n00b section I suppose, that describes my technical abilities:rofl:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm still lost as to why someone would reccomend to install a vaccum booster over hydroboost?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still lost as to why someone would reccomend to install a vaccum booster over hydroboost?
"It's less than half the price and hydro is overkill (for my use) and puts extra strain on your PS". ~Vanco Brakes (and yes, they even sell GM hydro kits to upgrade for the Bronco)

I really didn't want to get into a hydro vs F350 discussion, the decision has already been made and booster in hand. I can appreciate that not everyone will agree with their statement. I'm aiming for adequate;)

The questions at hand are:

Any advise or pointers with the upgrade? Is it necessary to use the F350 MC or can I just stick with the new Bronco oem MC I already installed? I want to retain cruise control.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I dont think ever having too good of brakes is overkill, but to each his own.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my guess is you will have too use the f350 mc. have you mounted the booster yet?
Haven't done it yet. I plan on doing it in the next couple weeks, just thought I'd make sure I'm good. I've been reading the shit outta the forums and it seems like using the F350 MC is optional, that the stock bronco mc will bolt straight on. Stan the Man has a long standing '96 build thread going and he opted to just use his bronco mc to retain cruise control, if I read his page 16 ~ f350 booster upgrade (i think) correctly.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129986&highlight=stan+man&page=16

However, I need to make sure I don't have to replace the mc and bleed brakes. I hate tearing things apart just to realize I'm missing a vital part (that of course 1 or more days to get). Seems like most of the write-up info for this upgrade is for '78-79 or '86 broncos:doh0715:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think ever having too good of brakes is overkill, but to each his own.
I believe in strong brakes and the concept that: "nothing’s worth doing unless it’s worth overdoing."

However, I also believe that once you achieve the ability to lock up your brakes on pavement, why spend 3x as much to lock them up harder? I've got powerslot cryo rotors, hawk severe duty pads, fresh calipers, new steel braided lines and super blue racing fluid. I've spent enough money on good equipment... I just want to be able to lock these fuggers up without dumping another $600+ into it to achieve acceptable braking. I still have a lift and deaver springs to pay for:cry

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
it should work fine. i installed f350 m.c. and booster only because it was on my donor truck. my bronco stops on a dime but no c.c.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1995 Bronco with cruise. I've got a vacuum leak (which i'm still diagnosing) so I'm considering the upgrade. I'm needing a simple upgrade as my mechanical knowledge is pretty limited. Will upgrading to the F350 booster and mc significantly improve my braking without making any other changes. I've got 35" tires on it, so improved braking would be great. Are the 78-82 F350 booster and mc what I need? Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts