Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pherox: ask those guys on that site if they have any exp fabbing dashes for the bronco
Pherox: im thinking about trying to get a diff dash w/satinless or brushed alumin paneling for the gauages and radio, etc

this is what he said to me today. anyone know anything about this kind of stuff?? the dash we currently have is hidious and i can see why he wants to change it. im using his words above because if i use my own words i probably wont convey it correctly. :doh0715:

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Might wanna send him a link to this, Im not sure if its up his alley. I did it for the smaller space the heater took up under the hood and the extra switch capacity. It took me more then a month to do, working after work a few hours at a time and I just wanted to get it running so I didnt run any of the wires in looms or anything, plus I rewired everything, which doesnt have to be done to make this swap. Also I need to go back and finish the metal between the dash and the windsheild, that will happen when I pull it to re do the wires and get a new windsheild (so I can weld it in.) If I had to do it again I would have seen about getting the dash to sit lower, the 70's steering shaft comes out straighter then the 80's so they interfere with eachother causing the dash to sit up pretty high.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICE!!! yea i will link him to this thread and if he cant post anything due to time or connection restraints i will get back and let you know what he said :) thanks

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
You can always paint it up, or if it's torn up find one on here and paint it up. There are a bunch of places that sell custom faces, Marauder actually made his, i don't know if he ever installed them.

I know your talking about the whole dash, but this is what my gauges look like.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Rob that's fricken awsome. Did you upgrade the guages too or are they just stock?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bronco Rob said:
You can always paint it up, or if it's torn up find one on here and paint it up. There are a bunch of places that sell custom faces, Marauder actually made his, i don't know if he ever installed them.

I know your talking about the whole dash, but this is what my gauges look like.

he really likes this...how did you do it and what paint did you use...please share

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
http://www.truckperformance.com/products/category_Gauges+~~+Dash/productcategory_Gauge+Faces+and+AC+Panels/searchtype_d/sortorder_ADA/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_Bronco/

Sherri nailed it on the head. I had to pull the bezel and some of the dash, pull the needles off, pull the old overlays off, and put the new ones on.

Took me about 2 hours since it was the first time i took the dash apart on the Bronco. Could probably do it now in about 20 minutes.

It's on the stock cluster, i just pulled off the paper thin overlays and put the new ones on.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Doesnt sound like a fabrication...

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Ya just giving you a hard time, I also noticed that she said he liked yours, meaining I guess he's flexable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts