Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grabbed the kickdown rod off a 78 or 79 in a local U pull yard today and noticed it had what looked to be a factory deep pan,is that common on all 4 wheel drive C-6 trans or optional. The dipsticks at the junkyard put a hole in it to drain the fluid so I want to look for one,I am going to have the pan off my C-6 to change the arm and would love to have a deep pan to put on it while its apart and did they have a different filter too.

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
I've got a factory deep C6 pan if your interested. 4wd c6 came with them. 4wd's uses a different filter from a 2wd the pick up is slightly longer on the 4wd filters.

·
Man of endless projects
9,286 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about one of those pans but I do now want any chrome parts on the motor or trans,the 460 had chrome edelbrock valve covers and aircleaner which were not that old and were a rusty mess so I put painted factory parts back on. I will add a drain plug to the factory deep pan before it goes on and my vehicles are not driven hard so they do not need frequent trans fluid changes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Make sure you have room for a deeper pan before you buy one. I bought on for my 79 bronco and did not have room for it. The deeper crome pans will hit the cross member in a 79 bronco or f150. And yes the 4x4 pans are deeper then the 2x4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts