Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just a quick question. Not sure what you call it, for the longest time I thought the plate was white (same color as vehicle). Just started to work on some surface rust in that area and when I removed the plastic trim cover ( see photos) it became clear that it was a light silver color, possibly some sort of reflective paint. There has been no past body work, so its not a re spray. Trying to keep my 96 FSB stock so was wondering if there is some sort of factory color code ?
Any insight would be helpful. Not opposed to trying to match with Rustoleum etc.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I thought that only the Sport XLT’s-red, black, white, had the bumpers body color? Even below the step pads as I assume they painted before rubber was put on? Good question though!

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I saved a pic from a bronco that had super low mile in an auction someone posted here. Maybe 5k miles? 10k? something like that. It's more of a primer gray base coat color.

I'd post the image but it refuses to upload oem-bronco-bumper-92

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
When I redid mine I just used a hammered silver to hide defects and that's what I also already had on hand. The plate is more of a ball mount and not suggested to really be used to tow with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saved a pic from a bronco that had super low mile in an auction someone posted here. Maybe 5k miles? 10k? something like that. It's more of a primer gray base coat color.

I'd post the image but it refuses to upload oem-bronco-bumper-92
Thanks for the info, the pic did download.
It looks very similar to mine. Correct, it is a gray satin sheen finish. When I pulled the rubber pad off, it was more apparent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for your input, It actually is a close match to the License plate light sockets color on 96 FSB, so I think I will just try to match those.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I belive that gray color is named Argent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
I believe they are silver stock, though mine has always been rust brown. One day I will rattle can it black (black is easy to touch up). I beat the shit out of mine so never really worried about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.