Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the factory fog lights on 1980 - 1986 Bronco's and F-series trucks? I would like to get the switch and dash bezel for it but dont know where to find this. Ther are supposed to be next to the wiper switch where that blank spot is beteween the steering column. Any infl let me know :popc1:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have nothing for it, I checked

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing there either, Its a hard to find option.

·
Southeast Utah Native
920 Posts
Factory fog lights? Never heard of that option before. Where would this switch be located? Where were the lights mounted?

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
On the '80-86 cluster bezel, there's a location marked on the back between the column & the wiper switch hole. When it's cut out to that size & shape, a small bezel snaps in, & the factory fog light switch mounts to the dash. It looks a lot like the rear window or fuel tank switches of that era, but it only has 2 terminals. It uses the same knob as the A/C slides. I used to have one, but I probably tossed it. It wasn't very reliable, didn't look good, & I didn't need it. It's easier to just wire up a relay that's triggered by something else so the fog lights come on automatically.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,961 Posts
This is a new one for me. Thought the first year for factory ford fogs was 97. It's not in my 85, 92, or 94 order guides.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if anyone has this factory equipment, I would like to buy it for my Bronco. I have a picture of what it looks like, but I dont know how to post it. If you could find that switch I would be intrested in it.

Reactions: RJS

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
So what year is that red truck with the wood dash? The cloth, the shape of the t-case shifter, & the (missing) locking hood pull make me think it's '80-82.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,961 Posts
Damn it... an option I don't have. (and I thought I had em all... :cry )

I do have red though.

Steve, didn't the lockable hood release come as an option under "security group"?

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought I had every option too. I had to install Underhood light, underhood toolbox, roll bar, center console, under dash lights, glove box light, deluxe dome light, floor vents, digital clock, dual horns, factory tach the only other thing I dont have is rear defog. Not hard to put in I just need the wiring under my truck to the tailgate. I found a rear a/c - heat factory unit on Ebay. It goes where the inside spare mounts (for those with outside spares, passengers side panel). I guess thats why that indentation is a blank. I have not found a picture of this but know it was a factory oiption.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh BTW, that Bronco is listed on www.cardomain.com, it is a 1982.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I wish I did. They wanted 600$ for it, Thats outrageous. It would be hard as hell to find parts for if somthing happend.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,961 Posts
Steve83 said:
No idea...

I can't see if you have rear defrost, though. ;) Sliding side windows? Roof rack? Rear spoiler? Aux battery?
Rear spoiler had to come off to fit in the garage.

But I got the sliders, offered 1000bucks for the topper as well

Yeah I got the rear defrost as well

Rear heat? Whats that about?

Adrianspeeder

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
What about rear jump seats? :D I think the list of options you're missing is getting longer. Jump seats might have only been a DEALER option, though.

I don't think rear A/C/heat was a factory option on any Bronco. :shrug It's gotta be aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts