Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Ford ever offer a factory grab bar on the passenger side pillar between the windshield and wing window on an '87-'91? If so, where can I buy a new one? (besides a junkyard)

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I don't believe so. And if they do or did, It would probably cost a fortune from them.. I bought some aftermarket grab bars from the auto parts store. used a little bigger self tapper and installed them over the doors...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I've never seen one factory, and I thought hard about installing one like that for a Superduty but when I took it out at the junkyard it had a funny bolting system. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work...:shrug I think Acc.man did one, somehow.
I just ended up putting one over the door.
I used a factory over the door grab bar out of an Explorer on mine. Real simple and it matched my interior. I found a tan one and used the exsisting bolt that holds on the trim over the door on one side and drilled through the trim and into the metal underneath on the other side (using the hole in the handle as a templet) then used the screw that came with the Explorer handle to tie it all down!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I did do one, only draw back was the wing window on the pasenger side doesn't open now, but I don't mind, cuase I don't sit there. Check my superford link for Pictures, wasn't a hard install, after all, "I" did it, so anyone can

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive been thinking about putting these in my rig for a while, easy install and they are used a lot,

BTW, they are called "oh my jesus" handles, whether shes holding on to them while you fly over a jump or some other time when she just needs something to hold on to :rolleyes: she still says "omyjesus" :usa

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,621 Posts
knarf121 said:
ive been thinking about putting these in my rig for a while, easy install and they are used a lot,

BTW, they are called "oh my jesus" handles, whether shes holding on to them while you fly over a jump or some other time when she just needs something to hold on to :rolleyes: she still says "omyjesus" :usa
lol, everyone around here calls 'em "Oh shit" handles :toothless

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got one from a B2 and it's tan and matches my interior perfectly, just need to screw it on. FYI: Oh shit handles...

·
Registered
7,167 Posts

That looks great bud.

Do you by chance have the part #'s and or cost to that handle?

When you installed it were you able to get the screws to tap the sheet metal just fine or did it take some work?

After my lift/SAS i will absolutely need to get something like that in order for my friends/family to get into the Bko.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I got an armload of Explorer handles at the junkyard one day. Four doors should have at least three of them. That tan one looks nice, but it blocks the wing window... the Exploder handles won't.

·
Registered
494 Posts
seboh said:
I got an armload of Explorer handles at the junkyard one day. Four doors should have at least three of them. That tan one looks nice, but it blocks the wing window... the Exploder handles won't.
If anyone finds a grip of these, please let us all know! :toothless

·
Registered
494 Posts
Accessory Man said:
I did do one, only draw back was the wing window on the pasenger side doesn't open now, but I don't mind, cuase I don't sit there. Check my superford link for Pictures, wasn't a hard install, after all, "I" did it, so anyone can
Where'd you get your center consol? I like :rockon

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
muddy4x4 said:
Where'd you get your center consol? I like :rockon
It's a full size Van console made by Wolf, goes about $100 I don't like it much but it was the biggest I could find until I make one that goes all the way up to the dash.

Grab Handle Part #'s I cant seem to find, but you need 1 handle, and 2 of those plastic caps that cover the bolt holes. I nibbled away the plastic on the door frame so it would sit flush, and I moved the rubber weatherstripping out of may way, and drilled and bolted using 4 Quarter twenty bolts, and replaced the stripping. I spent about an hour, and no more then $15 in parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts