Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed or removed a GT bar? Is it possible to adjust them so one side or the other is further towards the front or back of the rig? I haven't messed with mine, but it is too far forward on one side so the seatbelt winder cover is unable to line up with all the screw holes. I'm wondering if it is possible to loosen up some bolts and get it into a slightly different position.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Loosening the 3 bolts at each of the 4 mounting flanges as well as the 2 bolts where the rear braces attach to the main hoop may provide the wiggle room you need. The rear braces should be slotted where they bolt into the main hoop. If you lean the hoop backwards slightly and prior to re-tightening all fastener this should do the trick. A ratchet strap around the top center of the main hoop and down to your rear seat latch in the floor could provide a "third hand" to lean it back, assuming you don't have a helper available.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual hubs
1,181 Posts
I took mine out during interior rebuild, can just confirm Derek's write up. no problem to adjust it with the fixation between Bar and rear 2 fixation pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts