Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a second GT bar last night, this has a SmittyBilt sticker and Four Wheel Parts Wholesale sticker. Were the bars made by SmittyBilt for Ford, and did they sell them aftermarket, or has someone just added stickers?
Also, what did the factory foam look like, both are in rough shape.

·
Super Moderator
23,936 Posts
Yo IWL BCNU,

78 Bronco Brochure
Source: by Ford via broncohq.com
Early Bronco HQ is about 1966-77 Ford Broncos -- 1978 Bronco Sales Brochure

PAGE 6
In lower right corner; "9. GT bar made of strong, black tubular steel with black foam padding."

Brochure, 80 & 85 Bronco
Source: by Josh B (magnumpi, Big Blue Beast) at 1985 Ford Bronco 1980 Ford Bronco pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
on Page 5, upper right, under Options; Appearance; "GT bar, tubular design painted black with black padding."
Notice that Ford did delete "strong" & for whatever reason, "steel"

---
GT Bar & Mounts pics in a 79
Source: by ? via axaviere (Truck) at 1979 Ford Bronco odds & ends, GT bar pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
one pic for reference

GT Bar Mount pics in a 79
Source: by Lonestar Bronco at FSB any good pictures on a GT bar in a 78-9?

GT Bar Parts Break-Out & Mounting Diagram

Source: by Steve

AbandonedBronco wrote, "How do these hold up in a rollover? I haven't looked at it in a few, but I remember my '81 user's manual saying something along the lines of "the GT Sport Bar is part of the appearance package, and is not a safety device." They distinctly avoided calling it a roll bar."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the info. So looks like the pad is around the bar and just glued at the top. The first one came with the acorn nuts and all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I thought the GT bar was kinda rare, my son picked up his third this month!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts