Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have the factory radio. When I bought it I was told that it would need a tube to work properly. I know that the fuses are good, and it has the little green light on by the tuning knob. I have had it make a blip of noise by sliding the balance bar side to side. I would like to get this radio working before I put a retro sound unit in it. I did a search on this and didn't find what I was looking for. If anyone knows how to troubleshoot one of these I would appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is still in the bronco. It doesn't have a tape deck just AM/FM. I mess with it every time I drive it with no luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't really tell, it might have just been the dash speaker.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,457 Posts
Best bets going to be pull it and get it on the bench with a speaker and an antenna.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why would you ever do that to yourself?
Drop in a new bluetooth radio (no dash cutting req) and stream music via bluetooth from your phone....done.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,346 Posts
Drop in a new bluetooth radio (no dash cutting req) and stream music via bluetooth from your phone....done.
An '82 AM/FM is likely a 2-post radio, and the bezel must be cut to accept a DIN radio. Then you have to get an adapter kit to support the radio properly. Its not quite as simple as in an 87+. Some later models like 84-86 did have a DIN cutout instead of the 2-post holes and slot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to keep the factory radio look. I would rather put the 1000 or so that I plan on putting towards sound into other things right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts