Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting new factory height coils. Moog offers a HD variable rate and a standard variable rate spring. Any one have a better suggestion over either of these. The truck is used for light off road, mostly a pavement pounder!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
you won't really notice a difference between the stock and "HD" springs. They won't change your ride height or quality (except restoring you to stock height and quality) since they are both stock applications, just moved down a tier.

The "HD" springs are actually F-250 non-ac springs, and are also a progressive spring rate. So even though the "HD" springs are stiffer under load (good), they return the same ride quality as stock 150/bronco springs.

Justin

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
you won't really notice a difference between the stock and "HD" springs. They won't change your ride height or quality (except restoring you to stock height and quality) since they are both stock applications, just moved down a tier.

The "HD" springs are actually F-250 non-ac springs, and are also a progressive spring rate. So even though the "HD" springs are stiffer under load (good), they return the same ride quality as stock 150/bronco springs.

Justin
F250's with TTBs came with leaf springs. :shrug

If you're looking for replacement springs, I'd hit JBG or LMC and get a set of stock coils.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
4x2's got coils.

Justin
Oh really? Had no idea. :brownbag I thought all the F250's were inverted leaf sprung.

The 4x2 F250s... did they come with the same arm setup as the d44 TTBs in the 4x4 Bronco/F150's?

Or were they the F250 TTB arms, but with radius arms and mounts? Trying to find pics, but google images is failing me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The factory springs have 160k abusive miles. My Bronco was a GOV. in a past life. It has the factory shocks on it still, there smoked!!!

I'm just looking to return it to Factory!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you tow with your bronco, I'd step up to the HD coils. If you don't tow, it's a toss up. Stock or HD will return the same ride height and ride quality until the first section of the coil bottoms out (like when towing with a WD hitch).

Justin

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Lmc truck is a good way to go. They ship super fast as well. They'll have everything you need to restore it..:thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts