Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a picture or diagram showing where the factory steps mounted to for a '92-'96?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that makes replacement tubes for the factory side steps or do I just need to fab some out? Mine have the typical rot out and I took them off to keep from breaking them. Ive looked at JBC and several others and cant seem to find anything. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that makes replacement tubes for the factory side steps or do I just need to fab some out? Mine have the typical rot out and I took them off to keep from breaking them. Ive looked at JBC and several others and cant seem to find anything. Any help is appreciated.
Westin does

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you, or anyone else, know how to find them, I guess im not using the right search terms because I cant find them anwhere. The ones bossind show in his pic are brand new and it reminded me of how much I need those tubes...:banghead

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the help. I went back through Steve83's parts albums and to no avail. I'll keep looking around. I so want to buy a set instead of having to have them custom made.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
yw,
It's Listed under Spare Parts
To find it or any Parts in his Spare Parts Album,

in the little box in left side; Scroll to Select alternate view

Then use your Browser's Edit- FIND feature and enter step

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/2742/12717-4

Posted: 5/21/09
Bronco Steps from '95 EB The hole in the tube is a puncture - not rust. Click the pic to see the...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I might have a pair of these metal braces for the OEM running boards (from a 1996 Eddie Bauer to sell here in a couple weeks. The back half of my running board pretty much exploded when my rear right tire blew up at 80 mph. I've had no success finding a matching right board so I think I'm going to part out what I have. The right side is still solid structurally, it's just the fiberglass that's torn up pretty bad. The driver side running board is completely intact. This is a CA vehicle and, aside from some surface rust, these are completely solid. I know how hard these parts can be to find first hand (unfortunately).

The body shop has my Bronco all next week and I'm asking them to take these running boards off so I can make them available.

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,783 Posts
Curious, are the steps for the Bronco the same as the ones for the same year F150 or is there a difference in length?

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Curious, are the steps for the Bronco the same as the ones for the same year F150 or is there a difference in length?
yo John,
I am about 99% Sure that the 92-96 Cab Steps are the same for F 150 and Bronco.

Step, Cab, F-150, F-250, F-350, BroncoRemoval

Remove the cab step mat from the step.

Remove step-to-body frame bolts.
Remove the cab step bracket-to-frame bolts.
Remove the step and bracket assembly from the vehicle. The step can now be removed from the bracket by removing the stud nuts.
If the cab step front fender brackets are damaged, they can be removed for replacement by removing the bracket bolts. Refer to the following illustration.

Installation
Follow removal procedures in reverse order.
Tighten all step bracket-to-frame bolts to 20-28 Nm (15-21 lb-ft) and step-to-frame bolts to 8-11 Nm (71-97 lb-in). Tighten front fender bracket bolts to 8-11 Nm (71-97 lb-in).

for Image n9928c below;
Item Part Number Description
1 N605905-S55 Bolt
2 N605891-S55 Bolt
3 16A470 Cab Step
4 N620481-S55 Nut
5 � Cab Step Bracket
(Part of 16A506)
6 N605909-S55 Bolt
7 16C078 Front Fender Mounting Rear Bracket
A � Tighten to 20-28 Nm
(15-21 Lb-Ft)
B � Tighten to 8-11 Nm
(71-97 Lb-In)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
yo.
in case our generous friend GUARD sells his brackets/step;

Steve83 has been mfgr HD brackets!

"...Ready to ship, a pair of 1/8-inch brackets weighs 24 lbs and is 25x18x6 inches. A 1/4" set weighs 37 lbs, but that's really too thick & heavy. I haven't made a 3/16-inch set, but that would be the thickest necessary for the rust belt. Even without paint, it would take a decade for the 1/8 brackets to weaken. FedEx Ground/HomeDelivery will accept them without a box (as shown) - I'm not sure about other carriers.

The hardware included is intended to be used to replace the bracket on a truck originally factory-equipped with steps. Adding steps to a truck NOT originally equipped will require additional fasteners.

These brackets will work with the factory steps, or with custom steps. I haven't checked yet, but they SHOULD work with the factory-look VentShade steps or Centurion running boards.

To unpack them, cut all the wires/straps & discard; retain ALL other parts. Remove the small L bracket from each step. With the short bent ends flat on the ground and the corner tabs high (as shown above), rotate the flat plate straight down (loosen the 2 bolts if necessary). Remove the original tube bracket from the factory step, and position the new bracket into place over the 3 threaded studs. Use a spacer nut (provided) on each long stud, and install the original & provided nuts on the studs. Follow the instructions in this album's captions to install the L-bracket between the rear arm and the floor..."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.