Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking over a few things, tracing a few different lines and hoses, and there are two metal lines coming out the back side of the radiator going to the transmission. Is this factory, or an aftermarket radiator? I didn't notice any type of pump in the line, does it cycle just based off of pressure inside the trans?

Also, where/how would be the best and easiest ways to hook up a temp gauge?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I’m sure it’s factory, mine is set up like that as well. I think later models got an external cooler.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,012 Posts
Factory

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanks! guess I just need to install a gauge somewheres.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
All trucks came with a in radiator cooler factory, but some came with an auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator/condensor as well. I like to install one on all my trucks if it didn't come with one.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the factory set up ok, functional enough? Or is it inadequate to keep the trans temps down for moderate towing?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,980 Posts
All trucks came with a in radiator cooler factory, but some came with an auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator/condensor as well. I like to install one on all my trucks if it didn't come with one.
Uh no... My 96 f350 (c6) is external only as was my 96 powerstroke (e4od) and 94 bronco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts