Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I have a quick question. First off the Bronco is doing fine, however, the F-150 is having a bit of trouble. It's a 95 extra cab, long wheel base, 2 piece driveshaft, automatic tranny, 5.0 engine truck. The trouble is that it's having a terrible vibration at about 25-30 mph. after that, the vibration dissipates a good bit, but theres still an unusual noise, kind of a roaring sound. It was pretty cold out when mom came home in it tonight, so I didnt spend much time under it. I did notice that the transmission appears to have a good size leak from someplace, as theres fluid blowing under the truck, and the level on the stick was low. Has anyone ever experienced Ford automatics giving these symptoms before? Perhaps an internal failure causing this vibration? By the way, the truck has about 185K miles and it doesnt have an auxiliary transmission cooler. I do know that its definately not the front end, all the components are tight. Tires look good, didn't see any lumps , eggs, or unusual wear patterns. Any ideas will be appreciated, as this will be the topic of interest for Christmas day. Thanks to all in advance. Rick......

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Sounds like your transmission is toast and time for a rebuild, but I'm no expert. Most likely you have a E4OD (check this clicky) and if it's hemoraging fluid and acting funny w/o a cooler and w/185k miles, it's done or dying.

Does the fluid smell burnt?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts