Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wont post much detail about what happened do to the fact it was posted in a closed forum but I will say Rescuebronc has had alot of missed time from work due to injuries. His x-mas budget is slim at best and he has 5 kids. If you are a paid member you can read it here. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1850693#post1850693

We are planning a meet and greet on 12/22/2008 IIRC to raise some money for them. This thread is found here. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1850693#post1850693

If you have already donated thank you very much and Sam has expressed great emotion about it. If anyone would like to contribute to this please PM Mels and she can set you up with the accounts to make this happen. Her profile is here. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/member.php?u=22

Thank you everyone for your generosity and it shows how good deeds still go on in this world.:beer

·
Service before Self
138 Posts
Hey guys. I think I emailed everyone individually that helped out me and my family but I wanted to post this too just in case I missed anyone. My wife and I just got done wrapping christmas presents for the kids and I wanted you guys to know it would have been a rough christmas for the kids without ya'lls help. Thanks so much.. Here is the message I typed up for everyone.

Merry Christmas!

Sam

My Bronco Brethren (& Sisters),

Its hard to write a note to a nameless person and convey to you just how much your kindness is appreciated. I don't know if you guys got to read my thread on how we wound up coming up on hard times but the short version is I got injured at work and had to stay out on workman's comp for a year. After finally getting up and around after surgery I learned that I wasn't going to be allowed to go back to doing what I loved. See, I've been a Paramedic for 17 years now and I had finally abused my back taking care of the sick and injured to the point that I couldn't do it anymore. Things were looking rough for us. The bills had piled up and we were in major financial trouble. I posted up on FSB just to have a place to vent to my my friends. That turned into the most incredible outpouring of help that I've ever personally experienced. Its hard when you are a proud man to ask for help or to accept it. Had it just been me I would not have accepted it... but I am responsible for the happiness of other lives that I brought into this world and I didn't want to picture what christmas morning would have been like without your help.
So, with my most sincere heartfelt words, let me say thank you. There is no greater act of kindness than giving to someone else in need. I can't tell you just how much I appreciate it. I owe our Christmas to you guys. If there is ever anything I can do for you or your family, please don't hesitate to ask.
As life smooths out for my family (I have transferred to our Neonatal transport team so I can go on being a paramedic without having to lift anymore) just know that it will always be in my heart to pay it forward. Sometime, someday some other family will need help. Know in your hearts that I will be there to pay your kindness forward to that family.

God bless you and your family, and have a very merry Christmas.

Sincerely,

Sam & Family

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hell yeah, buddy! That's what it's all about--taking care of others and it sure sounds like you were due for some goodness given that you've devoted your life to helping others.

Cheers to FSB.com. Just plain ol' good people!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.