Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to order a fan shroud for my 88 with a 5.0. im looking on ebay cause they have a bunch of them for like 15-50$. the problem is that they will have like over 20 different shrouds for different years, engine sizes, extreme cooling, and A/C. the only junkyard near me doesnt have any that arnt broken already in many peices.

Do the fan shrouds of these different year broncos have any differences at all that would make me not able to use one from like a 95 or something? could a shroud from an f-150 with a 5.0 work?

i dont want to go electric cause my electric pusher fan barley makes any difference and my stock alternator can barley keep up with that alone plus my other accessories. plus i jsut bought a heavy duty fan clutch that cost me lik 80$ 3 months ago i dont wanna waste

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Go with a bigger alternator if you are having issues.

The shroud from an f150 and a 50 from the same year set should work fine

The electric fans will clear up some power to the motor

·
Man of endless projects
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its that i have NO money to spend on a new high output alternator and then another fan. thats y im trying to buy 40$ fan shroud. however i did find this shroud http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130397947193. it didnt come up in the regualr searches but so im hopin it will work.

also i love ur sig, it reminds me of when my bronco was still white before all the layers of mud

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
its that i have NO money to spend on a new high output alternator and then another fan. thats y im trying to buy 40$ fan shroud. however i did find this shroud http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130397947193. it didnt come up in the regualr searches but so im hopin it will work.

also i love ur sig, it reminds me of when my bronco was still white before all the layers of mud
Ya i love the sig too, but my bronco is actually black now :haha and muddy of course.

do you have access to a pick a part, the alternators are in the 25-40 dollar range and for a dual fan setup I paid 40.

·
Man of endless projects
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont. only thing i have is a small junkyard. however last time i went i did see a f-150 that looked like it had dual fan pullers and pushers and a high performance alternator and all looked in good condition. ill have to go get them when i get time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts