Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in El Paso is finally starting to drop down a bit and become bearable (for someone who prefers cold weather anyway.) The temperature was supposed to stay below 70 degrees until about 3pm so it seemed like the perfect day for an early trip out to the desert. Didn't get many pictures of actual wheeling but did get some good shots of the Bronco and some scenery.

9am call

Started out in the sand dunes but didn't get any shots. :doh0715:

On our way to the trails we ran across a possibly stolen/abandoned vehicle that had been stripped down and beat up pretty good.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed a family picture placed carefully by the rear bumper. At this point it seemed too much like an execution site so we kept on moving.

We drove about 15 more miles and came up on a flooded arroyo. Not having another vehicle to pull us out, we decided to play it safe and travel along the side.

The trusty 300 inline seems to be holding up well.

Fred

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures from my father inlaw's phone.

We also came across a private off-road park out in the middle of nowhere so we decided to trespass and give one of the obstacles a try.

Good try but no cigar. Hi centered and had to used some tires to get back out.

Fred

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly didn't even want to get out of my rig to take a closer look. El Paso is right next door to Juarez, Mexico which just happens to be the MOST dangerous/deadly city in the world. We have been reading daily about mass murders, hits, executions, be headings, kidnappings, etc right across the border. And I am not exaggerating when I say daily. This whole scene had a really bad feeling to it from the moment we drove up to it. Sometimes its just better not to know.

Thank you for your comments about the doors. They were my first set ever and I'm quite proud of them even though I never finished welding them up. They are still tacked together. LOL

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,435 Posts
I honestly didn't even want to get out of my rig to take a closer look. El Paso is right next door to Juarez, Mexico which just happens to be the MOST dangerous/deadly city in the world. We have been reading daily about mass murders, hits, executions, be headings, kidnappings, etc right across the border. And I am not exaggerating when I say daily. This whole scene had a really bad feeling to it from the moment we drove up to it. Sometimes its just better not to know.

Thank you for your comments about the doors. They were my first set ever and I'm quite proud of them even though I never finished welding them up. They are still tacked together. LOL
i would have gone no wheres near it then haha. Yea one day my skills will broaden and the doors will be chopped. :thumbup

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Video of the tire obstacle. Father in-law thought it was funny.

·
Registered
145 Posts

when i was a kid, while on a trip to see some family in Texas we went to El Paso once...we ended up crossing over into Juarez also.
nothing personal but i don't think i ever wanna go back.
let's just say now i know why people in Texas are armed at all times. ;)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice pics, you right there is something wrong with that site and frankly it gives me a weird unseddled feeling. Looks like a guy with a cowboy hat and a young boy maybe? I am more than likely the only one on here that has this opinion but you should report that to the appropriate authorities ANONYMOUSLY.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics, you right there is something wrong with that site and frankly it gives me a weird unseddled feeling. Looks like a guy with a cowboy hat and a young boy maybe? I am more than likely the only one on here that has this opinion but you should report that to the appropriate authorities ANONYMOUSLY.
Agreed. I have a coworker whose husband is a detective. Perhaps that would be the safest way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
Nice pic's would love to have place s to trail ride like that. I always go armed never now what might kick off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very cool pictures and Bronco. I live in EL Paso and would love to go with you guys on the next trail run. Let me know!

·
Registered
189 Posts
So jealous! (Not of the closeness to Juarez though!) I am loving your doors also, great work!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ran out of memory just as it gets to the good part. Click on picture for video.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
yep, I would be reporting that to the cops or someone... That is strange that someone would destroy the truck and leave a picture like that.

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
Dude... As a fellow texan, i hope you did report that.... We both know nothing good takes place near the border in texas. Theres a reason you can buy 10 acres in west texas for $400. No one wants it and even if you were to try to do something with the property you would probably get run off of it anyways or killed over it. Did you even carry for this trip? I would have....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dude... As a fellow texan, i hope you did report that.... We both know nothing good takes place near the border in texas. Theres a reason you can buy 10 acres in west texas for $400. No one wants it and even if you were to try to do something with the property you would probably get run off of it anyways or killed over it. Did you even carry for this trip? I would have....
El Paso is not as bad as you would think.

·
Banned
676 Posts
fawked up man. I wanna go down there with body armor, an ar, and a "cartel" of my own.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts