Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since the STC isn't available i am going to pick up a fast back style.
My question is will a baby be able to sit in a car seat in the back seat with that top on? It is hard to tell in the picturers.

If anyone has a STC they want to sell I would pay TOP dollar for it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would say yes, but a baby would have no rollover protection back there
I thought about that but techincally wouldnt the car seat be within the area that wouldnt hit the ground? I am not going to be wheeling with her just taking little trips to the beach or whatever. People put babies in convertible cars don't they? Maybe they dont.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
I have been looking for the fastback style top like that. is there any way you could pass that site along or post the link. I also have two kids and would have some reservation in the roll over theory. Well, looks like if the wife doesn't think it is safe then she will have to drive her car.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
your right that is not a very desciptive add. looks about what i am looking for though. would like a little more info before dropping $400

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah., but I hate getting my hopes up on what ifs and maybes. I am a impulsive shopper! Its part of my mod-a-holic personality.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mike5959

I got mine from there (soft-tops.com), and havn't had any problem with it! I really like it, actaully. I know an average size person can sit in the back seat without too much problems as far as head clearance. Of course..my back seat stays folded down (don't like alot of people in my ride, I travel in large groups of two). I don't know about hte baby thing, you would have to measure it. If it was me, I would put a carseat in the back without too much worry. Then again..theres no such thing as a "quick trip to the beach" without risks of big problems in the event of a crash, but thats the risk you take in driving.

·
Registered
150 Posts
With the fast-back style you can seat people in the back. I read up on these things. This was under the faqs section on their website:

Is there enough space to seat people in the back while the top is on?
Yes, the backseat is still functional. It is perfect for women and children. It is much easier to sit in than all other tops currently on the market.

I almost got one but didnt want to drill holes in my truck. I also didnt want to pay 300 more for a bedrail kit and still have to drill holes in my tail gate. So I saved my 700 and bought a skyler top, used for half the price. I got lucky. Also be careful, those tops have killer blind spots.:banghead

Good Luck! :beer

·
Registered
473 Posts
any marine canvas shop can make you a custom top any way you want. Im thinking of making one for mine but not sure yet. if i do I'm gonna make it with one cross bar just about even with the back seat then have a it slant down to the tail gate with a full zipper window.

like this

·
Registered
8 Posts
they will fit

i have one on my 90.my wife is only about 5ft and her head hits the top.as far as for the car seat,when my four year old is in hers the top of her head is above the line between the back of the cab and the top of the tailgate.that is why i am selling it and getting a j**p which is supported all the way around.don't blast me for getting a j**p.

·
Registered
389 Posts
"that is why i am selling it and getting a j**p"

I suppose your going to kill kittens and take candy from babies now arent you? :cry

kidding though :drinkbud

·
Registered
294 Posts
"How do you shoot women and children?"

"Easy, Lead less"

Full Metal Jacket anyone lol thats instantly what the last 2 posts made me think of

·
Registered
390 Posts
i have one on my 90.my wife is only about 5ft and her head hits the top.as far as for the car seat,when my four year old is in hers the top of her head is above the line between the back of the cab and the top of the tailgate.that is why i am selling it and getting a j**p which is supported all the way around.don't blast me for getting a j**p.
Roll bars are cheaper than jeeps and a good Idea if you are going soft top to help with the integrity of the roof you now don't have.

·
Registered
473 Posts
any marine canvas shop can make you a custom top any way you want. Im thinking of making one for mine but not sure yet. if i do I'm gonna make it with one cross bar just about even with the back seat then have a it slant down to the tail gate with a full zipper window.

like this

I got a quote today to have this top made $800. I should have it done by the end of the month. AMC canvas in long Island. They made the canvas flybridge enclosure on my 32' silverton yacht last year. great work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
wow thats awesome I might steal that design if I cant buy one for reasonable by time the snow melts end of april and start the summer right

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got a quote today to have this top made $800. I should have it done by the end of the month. AMC canvas in long Island. They made the canvas flybridge enclosure on my 32' silverton yacht last year. great work.
how is this going to attach to your truck? Snaps or a track system?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts