Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got stopped for having too much wheel exposed. so i needed to fix this and have something that is easy on and off (so they can be pulled onthe trails).
Parts
the mud flaps sponsered by West coast towing
2" angle Iron and 1"X1" square tubing and 2"X3" square tubing from scrap laying around the house
2 hitch pins and misc bolts.

here is the driver side completed and the parts for the pass side. i simply weled the angle to the rectangle tube. I found there was extra play in the fit so i made a adjustable spacer to push in the mud flap rail.

here is the anti rattle hole i put in the bottom it pinches the mud flap rail aganst the spacer block.

here is the driver side bolted in place. the mud flap rail is a piece od 2"X2" square tube that is drilled for 3 3/8 bolts and one 3/8 hitch pin. i took a piece of 1"X1/4" flat stock for the front of the flap.

Here is the front side. you see the hitch pin and how the flaps are boltd the mud flap rail.

here is the pass side. you can see the anti rattle bolt on the bottom of the mount.

here is the front side. need to add an extension tip to direct exhaust away from the flap. easy fix. forgot to plan this in the build.

Here is the completed step. i think they turned out good the are 6" from the ground (Unloaded as the law said) and cover the complete tread area. I had them inspected and the CHP said they would pass without issue. in 5 min you can pull the pin and the anti rattle bolt and the rail slides out and no flaps for rock climbing or trail use. and in 5 min they are back in place.

again thank you West Coast Towing for the flaps.............Mike

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Very nice! I made a set I have to bolt on and off, takes about 30 min. I like your idea much better. I only put mine back on every 2 years for inspection though. Luckly no tickets. Yet.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i never had an issue till i installed the one and was almost done with the other. the ticket was for paperwork and illgal use of license plate lighting (i had leds) so all changed now going to smog next week and hope to clear the ticket...mike

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Mudflaps suck, nice job on yours, and you gotta have em to be legal, but mudflaps still suck.

Yeller

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
They still look gay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts