Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - Fast Track Soft Top

SOLD

Item name: Kayline Fast Track Style Soft top - Black with clear windows
Price: $500 SHIPPED!
Description:
Just took this off of the parts truck I bought. Was going to replace my non-fasttrack style soft top with it, but I've got too many other projects at the moment to make the few repairs that are necessary. This top is not perfect, but it won't take much work to make it that way. The vinyl top itself is in great shape with no scratches, cuts or holes. Support arms are mint and still have black vinyl sleeves. Mounting plates are in great shape with the original rubber seals being soft and uncut. Side windows have some scuff marks, but are still remarkably clear. Rear window is clear with a few scuffs and some green paint rub marks or overspray towards the top. Truck was green and had no rear carpet, so I think the owner stored the window in the back when it was unzipped and the paint rubbed onto the window. Could be cleaned off but I did not want to attempt it without knowing what chemicals could damage the window.

All needed repairs are visible in the pictures at the link below. Here's what it needs:
- Needs some stitching on a few of the zipper pieces and the plastic "fastrack" strips.
- Mounting wise, it is missing one bolt and 3 screws, otherwise everything seems to be there. Bolts and screws could easily be bought at HD, Lowe's or any decent hardware store.
- Rear Fasttrack piece has a slight bend in it due to the tailgate on the truck getting bent in and up. Could be easily repaired if you took it apart and straightened it in a vise. Also looks to need a rivet and maybe a few screws replaced as there are some empty holes.
- Interior roof flaps that button to the support arms need to be sewn on each end (See pics)
- Several zippers need new handles - they're the rope style with a plastic tab.

This top was on the truck and just survived a rough New England winter, so its rugged and does not leak. Needs a little attention after sitting for some time, but its 90% there. Sorry, no pics of it on the truck, but if you search you'll see what it looks like. Additionally, there are no instructions, but I believe you can find copies on FSB or someone here would probably be willing to send you a copy. Install is pretty self explanatory.

Price does not include shipping and I haven't had a chance to pack it up yet, but I'm guessing anywhere from $40-80 due to the size. Probably would be easiest to ship in two boxes? Weight isn't bad at all.

All in all this is a great top that needs a little work to be perfect. If no one wants this now, I'll end up repairing it and throwing it on ebay this spring for considerably more $.

Thanks
Erik

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/16917/63042

·
Registered
473 Posts
Very interested! Shipping quote to 08742 please.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the same material as the snap top. Never seen one made out of anything else.

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boss,
Thanks for the link to the instructions. I've downloaded them and will print a copy to be included with the purchase.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been on the road traveling.

Here's the order of potential takers:

Mike5959 - Pm'd me 3/8, trying to line up a time for him to see the top asap
Danny's Daddy - I'll check a shipping quote this weekend when i'm home
Bossind
Bad 96

I'll keep you guys updated.
Thanks
Erik

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I'm SOL cause everyone and their brother is on the "list" for a new JBG top. Good luck to you all, I'm going to repair this bad boy and throw it on ebay or just keep it as a spare for when my top wears out.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump cause I know someones getting impatient waiting for the JBGs...also will include shipping in the $500 price.

And no, I haven't made the repairs yet, too busy snowmobiling here in Maine where we just got another 4 inches of snow and still have 2 feet of ice on the lake...SWEET!

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
Bump cause I know someones getting impatient waiting for the JBGs...also will include shipping in the $500 price.

And no, I haven't made the repairs yet, too busy snowmobiling here in Maine where we just got another 4 inches of snow and still have 2 feet of ice on the lake...SWEET!
I'm right above you dude an hour from maine, dam we got a lot of snow this year!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'm interested but can't work $500, which is why I haven't called to get on JBG's list either. Plus for that much I'd rather just wait and get a brand new top from JBG since they probably won't be much more. :shrug

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
I'm interested but can't work $500, which is why I haven't called to get on JBG's list either. Plus for that much I'd rather just wait and get a brand new top from JBG since they probably won't be much more. :shrug
im with pants man on this one.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Post pics! :thumbup

Sale is pending...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts