Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need std. height Ubolts for my 9 in rear, I have to get these tommorw morning, so I can go get my truck... anyone know the fastest place I could get them? I looked at Napa online, and that didn't help, autozone doesn't show em,

I could try the pull apart here but I need em fast, my Blocks fell out on a hill climb, and I have to use stock ones to hook it back up to drive it out it will be there overnight :cry hopefully not leaving anything of value in it + It is like 30 out there will deter anything from happening, but I want to get out there not shortly after sunrise.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
try a suspension shop.
I hope it is in one piece when you get back. My first Bronco broke down on me while off roading, came back next morning at about 8 am, only about 10 hours later and it was vandalized to the point they wrote it off.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
an 18 wheeler repair place is where i get mine, they also rearch springs and do stuff like that
they make them on the spot for me
maybe try bumper to bumper if you have one or actally call or go to napa

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first stop is going to be Napa, But I think I'm gonna break out the yellow book and look for a 18 wheeler shop, and a trailer supply place

I know Old bolts are NOT a good idea, but this is going to be a fix to get me Out of the woods and to my house maybe 2 miles away.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try a suspension shop.
I hope it is in one piece when you get back. My first Bronco broke down on me while off roading, came back next morning at about 8 am, only about 10 hours later and it was vandalized to the point they wrote it off.
I all is well with it too. , It is in a place that isn't super well known, but you can see the truck from the road, which worrys me, but thats why I want to get in there at sunrise, even if I dont get it fixed ASAP I want to be there so nothing happens to it. the Hood was locked so that should help me some.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
What? Duck tape and zip ties not good enough?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What? Duck tape and zip ties not good enough?
The idea of using Ratchet straps on around the axle to the leaf springs was brough up, but thrown out for the fact of saftey, we winched it up the hill enough to turn the pinion into the right place, now I need to safely repace my longer U bolts with some smaller ones.

The plan is to fix the axle BACK to the springs, pull it up the hill, Take off the Driveshaft, and either get a New U joint pressed in (Sheered at least one of 4 bolts OFF, I mean SHEARED) and than I can limp around/ Winch on front wheels only

You would think that 4 days of NO rain would dry it up NOPE all of the water is just now frozen, so when you break it you hit wetness. I really hope it's okay

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I could try the pull apart here but I need em fast, my Blocks fell out on a hill climb,
If you go to a truck place they'll cost you something like $50. I'd hit the pull a part before I went anywhere else. For one thing, they'll be extremely cheap. I can't imagine not being able to locate a set of u-bolts in a pull-a-part in under fifteen minutes because they're pretty much under every truck.

That said, don't be an idiot and put those blocks back in! People always say not to run blocks for exactly this reason, they split, spit out, cause excessive axle wrap, and just generally create a lot of problems. Friends don't let friends run blocks! If you absolutely have to do it on the cheap I've never seen anyone spit out an add-a-leaf.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you go to a truck place they'll cost you something like $50. I'd hit the pull a part before I went anywhere else. For one thing, they'll be extremely cheap. I can't imagine not being able to locate a set of u-bolts in a pull-a-part in under fifteen minutes because they're pretty much under every truck.

That said, don't be an idiot and put those blocks back in! People always say not to run blocks for exactly this reason, they split, spit out, cause excessive axle wrap, and just generally create a lot of problems. Friends don't let friends run blocks! If you absolutely have to do it on the cheap I've never seen anyone spit out an add-a-leaf.
I am really thinking about going to the pull apart now, A friend told me to lose the blocks, and I dont like seeing trucks run blocks, but I still dont know which way i'm going to go with the truck (Budget, Mild, Or Wild) So I was on the fence about it, I put it on the back burner as I have put the need for more agressive tires higher on my list. Now I can see where that got me..

I was also told by the same friend to make sure my U bolts were tight, that was 3 months ago, I can't blame anyone but myself for that, still weird that it bounced up and took the block Out of the pin.. I shouldn't have gotten it to bounce like that.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,185 Posts
I'd ratchet strap it, but I have seen em at the local advanced too.
Just a thought, not any safier but you could c-clamp it too.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
It's not that expensive to get them made up, plus when you reuse those u bolts, sometimes, they don't want to bolt back up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Most auto parts stores have the cheapy universal 1/2" ones laying around for about $15. Not a permanent solution, but they will definetely get you off the trail. Our Kragens and Autozones around here all have them. Got me going for a while until I could get to Pick N Pull.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
I'd get em from my work...

The auto parts stores around me also have them in stock...

I'd ratchet strap it, but I have seen em at the local advanced too.
Just a thought, not any safier but you could c-clamp it too.
I don't think a C-clamp would be safe at all...I think the ratchet strap would be a hell of a lot safer than the C-clamp...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts