Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

So glad to be a part of this group. My Son wanted a Bronco for his first car. I have always wanted a Bronco but never made it happen. We started researching a few weeks ago and found a '96 XLT that needed some work and we got for a good price. The body is mostly free of rust and the engine is sound. The day we brought it home last Tuesday we gutted the interior. Today we took off the top for the first time. We have completed a few other projects here and there and are really enjoying working on this Bronco together. Next on the list is to do a little body work on a few dents and a couple areas of rust and put a decent coat of paint on it. We are going to work on painting the topper ourself. After that, we'll work on getting the interior back together as we can afford it. Here's my boy loving his new ride. This truck just fits him. He drives it better than any other car he has tried. We are coming to find there is just something about the feel of a Bronco.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
We are coming to find there is just something about the feel of a Bronco.
that's for sure!

welcome and it looks like you've got a great project that will provide some life long memories.

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's for sure!

welcome and it looks like you've got a great project that will provide some life long memories.
Thanks! Such a great forum to be a part of.

·
Super Moderator
24,688 Posts
Yo Joel,
THIS MAY BE THE SECOND Welcome and congrats on acquiring the best year Big Bronco EVER MADE IN OUR GALAXY⚠😎 .

Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
175 Posts
@JoelS Welcome from a newbie too! Just signed up...your father/son caught my eye. Nice Bronco. I hope she brings you two lots of joy together.

My father/son project was a ‘01 Jeep Wrangler. He’s 24, into other things now. I’m back to solo projecting. Stay safe!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts