Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The Magnificent Seven" was on the other night...and I'm bored so =

What is your favorite Western movie and why..?

"Unforgiven" = This one is my favorite because of the buildup to my favorite line. Clint says "You better bury Ned right...or I'll come back and kill every one of you son of a beyoches"

Yours?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The one with Jack Nicholson, Danny Devito, and Jack Elam. Can't remember the name.

And Unforgiven.

Just watched the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. It wasn't bad.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What is your favorite Western movie and why..?
I have two....

Old school: Lonesome Dove. Granted it's 6hrs... but the character development is unmatched

Comtemporary: Open Range... Man I love some black label on the rocks, PBR, Kodiak wintergreen with a couple drops of black label in the can shaken up outta the freezer, and this movie...

welp know what I'm doing tonight

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
i like all of eastwoods movies, but how about the movie remake of the lone ranger, back in the 80's? always kinda liked that one.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I always liked Silverado, just about every bigname actor you can think of is in that.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Any of the Cling Eastwood stuff, and I thought Tombstone was good for being one of the newer ones.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Since Pale Rider and High Plains Drifter were already mentioned...

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly. :thumbup

Two Mules for Sister Sarah was tight, too. Whores, guns, money...it has it all.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts

BIG JAKE - John Wayne :rockon

Jake : And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all...your fault, my fault, nobody's fault...it won't matter...I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed, I'm gonna blow your head off. All time favorite movie line :chili:
---
O'Brian : They tell me you killed two good men in a fair fight tonight. That true?
James McCandles : No, three...countin' you.

Everyone seems to think that Jacob McCandles is six-feet under ("I thought you was dead" is a running line throughout), so some bad men kidnap his grandson. They want a piece of the family fortune and will kill to get it. Patrick Wayne, the Duke's own son, plays one of Big Jake's kids, and together they start out after the boy's abductors. Richard Boone makes a worthy adversary to Jake's larger than life figure, and the final confrontation between the two contains some great gritted-teeth dialogue.
Tagline: They wanted gold. They gave them lead instead!

Plot Synopsis: The McCandles ranch is run over by a gang of cutthroats led by the evil John Fain. They kidnap little Jacob McCandles and hold him for a million dollar ransom. There is only one man who is brave enough and smart enough to bring him back and that man is Big Jake

·
Registered
577 Posts
Score one more for "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Basically any and all of the old Eastwood westerns.

One of my favorite lines from "A Fistful of Dollars:" " I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

and from "The Outlaw Josey Wales": "Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."

1 - 20 of 40 Posts