Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knowing how our rigs always need something, I figure it's good to start planning early. February is a busy month for me, but I think I will have two weekends free. Basically I want to go out to Green Ridge State Forest to test out all my repairs. Green Ridge has an 18mile loop that is good for stockers. I figure drive out, wheel, and drive back all in the same day. Whose up for it and what do they need to finish before they can go? I need to finish changing over to a serpentine belt system and get the EEC relearned. I really would like to have my front calpiers changed to the T-bird calipers, but I don't know if I can find the right knuckles by then.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Can my diesel make it with AT's? Or the wife's Expedition without scratching it to hell? Or am I better off taking the Bronco? Do rigs need to be street legal?

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MD dept of Forestry (or whatever it is called) says it must be a registered vehicle or an ATV/bike registered with the state.

Not sure about the scratching. It has been a while since I was there. I think the diesel would be fine. Dually? I don't remember any part of it that would really cause an issue for that extra weight. Also I've only run it with ATs. But it truely is a good stocker trail.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been wanting to go out to Green Ridge but every time I plan to it never works out :banghead. What weekends were you looking to go?

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freebird17909 said:
I've been wanting to go out to Green Ridge but every time I plan to it never works out :banghead. What weekends were you looking to go?
I think I only know that the last one is no good for me. I'll be in Florida for a seminar. I think one more is no good for me also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will def be there, just give me a date. Just got a 3 inch lift and some new shocks put on that I can't wait to put to good use! :rockon

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hell yes, I'm in! Still got stuff to look at on my ride, and one Q... any chance of bottoming out on the trail? I MAY have a stronger transfer case shield by then, thanks to proving that a Bronco could do something a Hummer couldn't last night...

HeHe, I climbed what he couldn't, but popping over the top was little hard on the stock skid plate!

Oh yeah, and what about snow? Any issue if it's snowy?

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boodyrider said:
Oh yeah, and what about snow? Any issue if it's snowy?
It will make it much harder to stop on the down hill sections. Never actually be there in the snow. Right now I'm up in the air over my lack of a 351W EFI timing chain cover. Hopefully I can get one next week and swap out my belt system.

·
Registered
278 Posts
if I can get my tranny rebuilt before then, I will definitely go. But that depends on funds.....

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Aikidoka said:
It will make it much harder to stop on the down hill sections. Never actually be there in the snow. Right now I'm up in the air over my lack of a 351W EFI timing chain cover. Hopefully I can get one next week and swap out my belt system.
I can tell you the easy green (rated 2WD) trail @ Paragon was almost impassable for stockers with snow (and ice under the snow) on it. I was welded front and LS rear with 35 swampers and it gave me fits. The first couple guys seemed to make it fine, but after the fresh snow was gone, the rest were in trouble. I'd consider draggin the beater down for that. Anyone's house I can park @ with a tow rig??

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
OX1 said:
I can tell you the easy green (rated 2WD) trail @ Paragon was almost impassable for stockers with snow (and ice under the snow) on it. I was welded front and LS rear with 35 swampers and it gave me fits. The first couple guys seemed to make it fine, but after the fresh snow was gone, the rest were in trouble. I'd consider draggin the beater down for that. Anyone's house I can park @ with a tow rig??

I did it in 2WD :goodfinge :toothless

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
I did it in 2WD :goodfinge :toothless
You went home before that hill. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
OX1 said:
I'd consider draggin the beater down for that. Anyone's house I can park @ with a tow rig??
You'd go all the way to Green Ridge? For biking trails?...OX you got it bad. Shoot, I haven't been there since the early 80s..maybe I should go have a look too, with the '78..I'll stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
I thought you were talking about the road to the parking lot that I walked up and you got sideways. :rofl:
Liar, I've seen you walk, you couldn't make it that far. :toothless

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
bmc69 said:
You'd go all the way to Green Ridge? For biking trails?...OX you got it bad. Shoot, I haven't been there since the early 80s..maybe I should go have a look too, with the '78..I'll stay tuned.
Yeah, you need some poser pics for when I nominate you for FOTM next month. ;) Who said there gonna be "biking" trails by the time I'm done with them. :rockon

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
OX1 said:
Yeah, you need some poser pics for when I nominate you for FOTM next month. ;) Who said there gonna be "biking" trails by the time I'm done with them. :rockon
I got enough of that neon blue paint of yours on my '69..I guess I need to smear some on the '78 now.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
bmc69 said:
I got enough of that neon blue paint of yours on my '69..I guess I need to smear some on the '78 now.:thumbup
No, it will be silver and black paint this time. :rockon

1 - 20 of 71 Posts