Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't shipped anything by FedEX Ground in a couple years, since the closest office is 100+ f'ing miles from here. But I needed to send a fender to another FSB member, and the Fed was cheaper than UPS by $20. I arranged to have their driver pick up the fender at work from the warehouse, where the same driver comes by every damn day. Monday, 2/27-couldn't find package sitting on the loading dock. The fender box is only 5 ft x 3 ft, and barely fit in the bed of my truck, but dude didn't pick it up. Tuesday, 2/28-sir, you need a bar code sticker on the box. It was printed off the internet, and taped to the same side as the big white address label. Wed-Fri, no driver shows up, I figure he took a few days leave after my last asschewin'. Moday, 3/6 I have to call FedEx again and tell them dude never picked up my fender sitting on the dock for seven freakin' days. It finally got picked up and arrived today, although I'm afraid of what condition it's in after my rampage. My sec calls him a "TURD", I called him "INEPT" being polite. Neither I nor anyone at work will use FDX GRD after this fiasco. Bite ME, Fawkers!!!:goodfinge

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Well, guess who the fender was sent too:thumbup

I fibbed a little in my thread I just posted. I said it showed up in great condition. In actuallity it showed up damaged. It's the second time, they have screwed up a passenger side fender for me:lowblow. I wanted to talk with Randy b4 I posted that it was damaged, to let him know it wasnt his fault. He took every percaution necessary to ensure that it was shipped safely, and somehow, someway they still *ucked it up.

I refuse to ship with them at all. Since I've lived at this address, they have messed up 2 fenders, let my neighbors(who I didnt even know) sign for packages(3 times). Since I sleep during the day, it's rare that I answer the door when they deliver. They never leave notices, letting me know where the package is. They also left a package that my mom had sent me, outside my door, IN THE SNOW. It just so happened that it was some cookies she baked for me.

I think that about covers it.

As far as I'm concerned, Fedex is the worst delivery company out there.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redwagon said:
well that sucks about the fender....

How did the cookies taste?
Like yellow snow???

Derrick, I'm glad you were able to repair the fender, but I'm still going to call FedEX tomorrow and chew them out (AGAIN) for the damage. It took me two days to construct that shipping box and pad the fender. JSM84:box0715:

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
after working shipping and recieving for awhile now I will never ship fed ex unless i have to.

hell the fed ex guys who deliver are a bunch of assholes.

UPS all the way

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I ALWAYS run UPS, but has anyone tried DHL?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

This should help. :)

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
-Spazmatic- said:
I ALWAYS run UPS, but has anyone tried DHL?

DHL is worse then Fed Ex...ill ship Fed Ex long before DHL...hell I will send via a gopher before DHL. Bunch of Assholes there too....walk in throw the box hitting the wall, then get all pissy as you check the box before signing for it.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
USPS....UPS FED X AND All the others can bite my balls..

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Unfortunately none of them seem real caring. Package size or "fragile" or "legal" does not mean anything to them.

We had to redo legal contracts when "a carrier, won't say which one" somehow dropped the package in Boulder and ran over it (looked more to me like a burnout was done on the friggin' thing). Does not matter who they are carrying for....I get beat up personal stuff, and stuff clearly marked IBM, probably one of some of these carriers top 10 customers. I don't know if it's timeframes or what.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
i have had generally worse experiences with UPS as opposed to fed ex. i ship UPS now only out of pure convenience, as they have a UPS store right down the street from me.

incidentally, i was recently told by a commercial shipper that the UPS "stores" (as opposed to the UPS shipping facilities) are franchises and can charge whatever they want for shipping. now i know better, so be aware.

i just shipped (5) 15x10 wheels via DHL, not only cheaper than UPS and Fedex, but they arrived at their destination in good condition. i set up an online account and get a 10% discount for shipping. print out my own labels, etc. they'll come to the house to pick up too. i guess given enough time, they will probably bend me over too.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I just received my tach from 50gunner today at my dorm room from Fedex...nobody else does that. So...that's a thumbs up for them. :)

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I do some work at one of Fed-Ex ground's sorting facilities and the place is just freakin amazing. More conveyor belts than you've ever seen in your life. I was out there one day repairing some equipment and I was in the control room. They have cameras monitoring all of those conveyors. One of the monitors caught my eye, at the joint where one belt stopped and another one started there was a formerly square package just rolling over and over and over, it couldn't quite make it onto the next belt. It was totally beat to shit, to the point where a corner had actually torn off of the box and it looked like a shirt sleeve was hanging out. I pointed it out to the controller, and he laughed and said it had been there for over 45 minutes like that. Now that's service. The sad thing is, I doubt any other shipper is any better. Lesson learned: pack whatever you ship better than you think you need to. Expect for it to be thrown, dropped, and just generally treated like shit. Unfortunately, there just aren't many alternatives out there. Sucks for us.

·
Registered
74 Posts
UPS isnt any better, just had packages delivered to the wrong address two days in a row went and picked them up 1/4 mile away and had a little chat with a UPS rep about it and the next day after my phone call I had another package that came in delivered to my address with what looks like a nice hole in it about the size of a boot. I thinks the driver dont like me :chili: Its time to play

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
UPS guy that delivers to my house is great...usually will put packages in the bronco or the barn to ensure they are out of site and protected from the weather.

when i was down in Montomgery getting that activation check, i got to know both the UPS and FedEx guys pretty well. UPS guy always impressed me more. If I wasnt there, then he would take it to the front office of the apartment complex...FedEx guy would leave it at the door. I was not happy about the FedEx guy leaving 600 bucks worth of computer parts at my front door of my apartment

·
Registered
784 Posts
i think it depends on where you live. i live in brooklyn, ny and i only use ups. i've been friends w/ my ups guy for years. when i used to work at a warehouse up the block, we'd bs while loading the truck. when he rings the bell, he doesnt wait 2 seconds then leave. if nobody's home, he'll put the stuff in my backyard.

when fedex does deliver something here, i've had some fun times. one time i remember went like this. i hear the doorbell ring. i walk to the door thats about 15 feet away. open the door. and the guy already half filled out one of those notes that say they were there and you werent home. i've also had computer parts smushed in between my screen door and regular door to get it to close.

i've never used dhl other than for baseball tickets purchased online, but they seem quicker than fedex.

i guess living in a big city, we have somewhat better service than those of you where one delivery person has to cover a large area.

one thing i've seen thats consistent with all carriers...if your sending a very large, very heavy, or very oddly shaped item....pack it very very well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had Fed-ex throw my goods from 10ft away and hit the door. I walk 20 ft to see what is the matter and he's already 50ft away gettin in his truck. As for UPS I don't know what to say. I have never had them knock on my door. Although UPS will sit the stuff inside my fence, even if I am home and the doors open they will go out of their way not to knock talk or see me. Last week I got home at 4pm looked for my stuff. Sweetie got home at 5 pm looked again no stuff. She leaves at 6pm to take the boy to a concert and low and behold it's between the house and garage. Fed ex leaves it in the open. Although 6 yrs ago fed ex left $3200 woth of parts on my front porch. Boxes said summit racing, hooker headers and on and on. I almost packed that stuff off to a friends and called and said where's my stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts