Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Well...Which is it?????

  • MUD

    Votes: 19 39.6%
  • ROCKS

    Votes: 12 25.0%
  • SAND

    Votes: 3 6.3%
  • PAVEMENT

    Votes: 4 8.3%
  • SNOW

    Votes: 5 10.4%
  • TRAILS

    Votes: 5 10.4%

  • Total voters
    48
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
I would have to say rocks. It takes alot more driver skill in a rock course, or the ups and downs of many trails to keep a rig running and avoid breakage.

Probably the best are the wet, muddy, rock courses tho...
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Lord Drilim said:
It takes alot more driver skill in a rock course, or the ups and downs of many trails to keep a rig running and avoid breakage.
:shrug :lolup
the words of a true ON-roader...:shrug
 

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lord Drilim said:
I would have to say rocks. It takes alot more driver skill in a rock course, or the ups and downs of many trails to keep a rig running and avoid breakage.

not necessarily, i think it depends more on how stout of a rig u built. if u got a bulletproof drivetrain/suspension u don't really have to worry about breakage do u?
 

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
KENNY said:
:shrug :lolup
the words of a true ON-roader...:shrug

Dont you have something else to go spray paint black? 1st off....I never even once claimed to be hardcore off-road, So dont pin that BS excuse on me. 2nd, I dont see you doing any rockcrawling...or offroading much at all...So you cant really open your trap can you?


drexelsteve said:
not necessarily, i think it depends more on how stout of a rig u built. if u got a bulletproof drivetrain/suspension u don't really have to worry about breakage do u?
Steve, I dont really know anything about mud...But, Alot of the mud trucks are built identical...At least down my way. 60's or rockwells 39'' boggers or 44's. Big Block. And they run the pits...As far as rock, I think it takes alot more personal preference when BUILDING your rig up. You may not need the same kinda power, even if its nice...To make it up an obstacle with twin sticks, low gears, and lots of crawl ratio. I think Zach's Zuki is a good example of a rig that can be used all around, but was built to what he likes and using parts from all over.

Its sounds like a rant, But read it 3 more times and you'll understand what i meant..
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
suck it jennifer...

i was stating the fact that it takes just as much knowledge and tuffness to get through a mud hole, or serious mud shit... i use to go mudding and come home every weeknd with something broken, and have NEVER broken anything from rocks or trails... it just depends on how you drive and how much of a piece of shit your rig is...

why dont you go try to say or do something to copy and be like andy smart guy, this is the internet, dont get your panties in such a wod
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Lord Drilim said:
Dont you have something else to go spray paint black?
oh yeah, im doing the chrome trim around the headlights tomorrow :goodfinge
 

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
KENNY said:
suck it jennifer...

i was stating the fact that it takes just as much knowledge and tuffness to get through a mud hole, or serious mud shit... i use to go mudding and come home every weeknd with something broken, and have NEVER broken anything from rocks or trails... it just depends on how you drive and how much of a piece of shit your rig is...

why dont you go try to say or do something to copy and be like andy smart guy, this is the internet, dont get your panties in such a wod
Me and Andy have chatted on many a night, And just because he is a smart ass on here to stupid post, Doesnt mean he doesnt know his stuff, His knowledge is very very thorough, and in depth.

If you mud, You may break things due to the skinny pedal. You saw what Dave Blue did in the rocks...

And if you look at my first post, i referred to the drivers skill...Not anything to do with the rig.

Oh, And its Wad*:goodfinge :goodfinge :thumbup
 

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve, I dont really know anything about mud...But, Alot of the mud trucks are built identical...At least down my way. 60's or rockwells 39'' boggers or 44's. Big Block. And they run the pits...As far as rock, I think it takes alot more personal preference when BUILDING your rig up. You may not need the same kinda power, even if its nice...To make it up an obstacle with twin sticks, low gears, and lots of crawl ratio. I think Zach's Zuki is a good example of a rig that can be used all around, but was built to what he likes and using parts from all over.
lots of good points but when it comes down to it aren't all the "hardcore" rockcrawlers out there d60's, atlas II's, etc...(well most) Definietly like Zach's zuki but i think it seems more gear'd towards rocks, with that crawl ratio n all:shrug
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
WAAAAAAAAAAAD :thumbup there...

whether or not you build your rig for the rocks, mud, or both, its gonna perform the tasks its made to do better than those that arent... yes, the skinny pedal does have its effect in the mud, but im sure if you used it a bit more on the rocks, you would get the same results :D in MY opinion, if you use correct judgement, and and have a rig that will withstand what your about to put it through, theres no reason why you shouldnt come out in one piece MOST of the time :shrug just my .02 though
 

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
drexelsteve said:
lots of good points but when it comes down to it aren't all the "hardcore" rockcrawlers out there d60's, atlas II's, etc...(well most) Definietly like Zach's zuki but i think it seems more gear'd towards rocks, with that crawl ratio n all:shrug
Most of the hardcore guys, yes.

But, On a personal level, and dont repeat this, I dont want it to get out...I dont have the money for the parts, or the know how to set them up right and get the most out of them.

In my personal opinion, I think the rocks is what takes the most thought and skill...But, Im not god, So who cares what the hell i think.:beer

Haha. Everyones got their opinions, and i hope i dont seem like an asshole, Im just throwing my point of view out on the line..
 

·
negative creep
Joined
·
8,651 Posts
KENNY said:
:shrug :lolup
the words of a true ON-roader...:shrug
well aren't you hard core:goodfinge

any monkey with a foot can drive up to a mud hole and put the pedal through the floor. if the rigs capable enough, you make it through, more or less. all you need is a big engine, big tires, and big axles.

rocks are much more technical, you can't just point and shoot and hope for the best.

if you want to talk about breaking, if you're dumb enough, you can break doing anything, including mall crawling kenny.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top