Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, forgive the vagueness but Im just learning and this is my first time ever dealing with steering. I have a 1991 Bronco, not lifted at all, but the steering wheel is really sloppy. I can turn the wheel an inch or two either way before it actually starts turning the wheels. Normally I dont mind but Im moving to Cincinnati soon and I need precise steering for that city driving. What's the first step for tightening the steering system? Thanks for helping out this newbie. :thumbup

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
pop your hood and check for slop between the two sections of the steering shaft. there is a joint of some type there and its plastic and wears out.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
It's probably bad tie rod ends. good thing is they're not hard and they're not expensive if that's the problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I plan on doing the ball joints tomorrow. Are the autozone one's sufficent enough to last me or are there any performance one's that'd be worth it in the long run. Also, I do mild off roading when I can, so I need something that'll hold that abuse. Thanks :drinkbud

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't think there are any performance ball joints available, the ones from autozone are probly as good as any. maybe someone else knows more and will corect me. :twak

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
whatever they give me over the counter at kragen is what i run in my steering. Moogs are the best, but i think they cost a little more.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i got moogs put in for like 350 i believe. they also adjusted something else so my steering is nice a tight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts