Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im cutting my rear fenders soon and would like some pics of possibe things to do or if u have suggestions on what looks best im doing to get rid of rust

·
Registered
122 Posts
I cut mine about a half inch below the body line, which ends up being about 3 to 4 inches above the actual factory fender lip. Then I rolled what was left inside the fender and up, all the way to the body line. Took care of all my rust.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ill post pics of mine tommorow. I made a template on my first cut, then made all the others to match. From the crease line in the middle of the body, i went down 5". Basically i cut about 4" from stock. Im gonna buy some general purpose fender flares from jcwhitney soon. But it actually looks good as is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dsmed said:
I cut mine about a half inch below the body line, which ends up being about 3 to 4 inches above the actual factory fender lip. Then I rolled what was left inside the fender and up, all the way to the body line. Took care of all my rust.
What did you use to roll them?

·
Registered
122 Posts
stang96gts said:
What did you use to roll them?
Actually on the 86 fender style with the body lines, I used a small hammer to roll them, you can tap a roll if you start at one end of the fender and carefully (without much force) tap every inch or so along the entire fender line from front to back, make this type of pass about 3 times, and it'll roll the lip of the fender right up into the fender well. Almost like a sewing machine, if you think about the way the needle goes in and out and the material slowly runs though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts